Suggestion: MultiCharts + Forex Ecn ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Gale99

Suggestion: MultiCharts + Forex Ecn ?

Postby Gale99 » 24 Oct 2010

Hi,

MutliCharts is such a very good software, but i dun understand why you guys haven't look into adding Ecn Forex to datasource, Please add these to the next release version as priority listed from top to bottom as below.

- Currenex ( Fix Protocal)
- Integral ( Fix Protocal)
- Hotspot ( Fix Protocal)
- FxAll ( Fix Protocal)

Cheers.

tcat

Re: Suggestion: MultiCharts + Forex Ecn ?

Postby tcat » 25 Oct 2010

ECN and fix protocol is now supported with Dukascopy.

Gale99

Postby Gale99 » 25 Oct 2010

Hi,

Can you consider adding Currenex Fix to Coming version ? I've tried many platform, so far Multlcharts is the best platform i came aross, but unfortuately not support many ecn forex.

- With Currenex Datasource , Multicharts won't be limited to 1 specific brokers anymore. Because any brokers offer Currenex can be use with Multicharts.

p.s This may increase more clients that be intertested in Multicharts cuz they can use it on their own brokers.

- I like Dukascopy Fix as well, but it can only work with Dukascopy.

cheers.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 01 Nov 2010

Hotspot FX operates two spot FX marketplaces:
(i) Hotspot FXi LLC for institutional clients (good deals), and
(ii) Hotspot FXr LLC for retail clients (shitty deals).

Which of the two do you recommend?
Two possibilities:
(i) FX Inside Pro for institutions (tight spread)
(ii) FX Power Trader for retailers (not so tight spread)

Which of the two do you recommend?

I made a research once on brokers who claimed to be ECN (MBT and Duka inclusive - both are supported by MC). Having read their agreements I concluded that they were market makers anyway. But I am okay with this.

Then I made a research on ECN platforms and found out that many ECN-platforms (if not all) have different levels of ECN.

Sad story is: unless you are a head trader in at least a medium sized bank you can forget about true ECN.
- FxAll ( Fix Protocal)
FxAll is rebranded LavaFX. At the time FxAll purchased this platform, Lava had 800 users: https://www.lavatrading.com/solutions/o ... system.php

Do you think how many of 1129 MC users registered as of today have the necessary financial and technical and legal resources to get hooked to such a platform if only 800 users around the globe can afford it?
I would limit the request to only this one for the time being.

Although it would be nice to see MC on a such list in the future: http://www.hotspotfx.com/relationships/ ... rtners.jsp or on similar lists.

Gale99

Postby Gale99 » 02 Nov 2010

Hi Tresor,

you are right, these platform mostly provided to institution level..to answer yr question i would recommend using these instead of retail one.
(i) Hotspot FXi LLC for institutional clients (good deals)
(i) FX Inside Pro for institutions (tight spread)
- About MBT and Dukas, i can tell you they are MM, If you want to trade on true ecn , i recommend using only these platform i listed, but make sure you can see all banks listed there, otherwise it's retail thing.

To MC:
i recommend adding these from top to bottom
- FxAll ( Fix Protocal)
cheers.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Nov 2010

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your suggestions, however only few of our clients need these datafeeds. If you are interested in custom solution please contact Stan Bokov at 1-614-569-0345.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 02 Nov 2010

Dave and Gale99,

What I would suggest is to encourgae Gale99 to post a 'feature request: integrate MC with Currenex' here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/index.php I believe Currenex is most popular ECN system at the moment (no need to include other ECN systems in the feature request right now).

This way we could approximate the number of potential MC users who would be interested in this feature.

My opinion is that indeed Dave is right and only a few users would be interested. But on the other hand opinions should undergo as much objective verification as possible (in the best interest of MC). Why shouldn't we put this opinion to the test?

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 03 Nov 2010

Dave:

Hotspot FXi LLC and FXall should be integrated in to PRO verison of MC if there is interest.

Currenex is definetely something MC should consider for the standard version because of the white label partners of Currenex:

http://www.currenex.com/about_us_white_label.html

regards

Tobias

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Nov 2010

Dear Tobias,

Hotspot FXi LLC and FXall can be integrated in the PRO verison if needed. As for Currenex, at the moment we can add it only as a custom project. However, we may integrate it in the future due to sufficient demand.

Return to “MultiCharts”