Data Server bug

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fundjunkie

Data Server bug

Postby fundjunkie » 26 Mar 2006

Hi,
I think I've found a problem with the Data Server options in Multicharts. All of my workspace charts are created in "On Demand" mode. If I open a chart selecting offline mode that chart will chart using the local Db only. That's fine.

However, if I then open another workspace the charts in that window also open in offline mode. That's not desirable behaviour. Hopefully, it can be fixed in the next release.

Also, I think it would be good for Data server properties (by chart) to be manageable by rightclicking a given chart window.

Thx,
D

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Mar 2006

You're right, the Preferences->Data server mode settings are global and not stored with a workspace. Multicharts will use the latest mode manually selected by the user to plot all subsequent charts.

I suggest you check the "Show the dialog" checkbox in Preferences->Data server mode so every time you create a new chart you'll see a reminder (this won't work on opening a saved workspace).

fundjunkie

Postby fundjunkie » 27 Mar 2006

I suggest you check the "Show the dialog" checkbox in Preferences->Data server mode so every time you create a new chart you'll see a reminder (this won't work on opening a saved workspace).
That's what i do. But because the settings are global, if I change the DS mode for that chart it is changed for all saved workspaces that I then open afterwards. I don't like that behaviour.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 29 Mar 2006

Upd:
>I think I've found a problem with the Data Server options in Multicharts. All of >my workspace charts are created in "On Demand" mode. If I open a chart >selecting offline mode that chart will chart using the local Db only. That's fine.

>However, if I then open another workspace the charts in that window also open >in offline mode. That's not desirable behaviour. Hopefully, it can be fixed in >the next release.
This will be reworked but for the time being there is no way to change this.
>Also, I think it would be good for Data server properties (by chart) to be >manageable by rightclicking a given chart window.
No, this is a global setting.

Return to “MultiCharts”