eSignal and IB

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

eSignal and IB

Postby arnie » 03 Feb 2011

Hi.

How can I make IB recognize an eSignal chart so I can trade from the chart?

I assume that the Symbol Mapping from the IB properties window should be solution, but for some reason it seems not to be working.
I click on Add and nothing happens.

Is this feature available on MC DT?

Regards,
Fernando

MotoMoto

Re: eSignal and IB

Postby MotoMoto » 10 Feb 2011

arnie, did you solve this problem.
I too plan to have Esignal as the data feed and IB as the broker. I trade stocks (and FX and futures) and it would be good to have a simple system to import a lot of symbols names?
thanks.

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Feb 2011

arnie, did you solve this problem.
I too plan to have Esignal as the data feed and IB as the broker. I trade stocks (and FX and futures) and it would be good to have a simple system to import a lot of symbols names?
thanks.
Hello.

For now, MC DT trading platform only works one way, meaning, when using the chart order panel, only orders placed on charts provided by the broker will be recognized.
When you have a chart provided by IB and you give an order through the chart order panel, you'll have access to the P/L of that trade on the chart and on the order panel itself.
When you have a chart provided by an external data feed, eSignal or IQFeed, the orders given by the chart order panel won't be recognized. The order will be executed, but you won't have access to it's P/L on the chart and on the order panel itself.
The only way for you to follow these trades is through the Order and Position Tracker Window.

This issue should be resolved til the release of the final MC7 version. Let's wait and see what the future hold for us.

To add multiple symbols to MC the best way is to create a list (.txt file) with all the symbols you want, and copy/paste them into the Real Time Market Scanner. This way all symbols will be added automatically into QuoteManager.
You need to be aware that importing symbols this way it won't make QuoteManager recognize the symbol's description. For this you are forced to edit each one of the symbols.

MC won't recognize a symbol that is not already in QuoteManager.

Regards

MotoMoto

Interesting....
I have loaded MCDT and have two feeds for the same stock - one from esignal and one from IB.
the IB chart does not update, the Esignal does.
The IB chart when I have the chart trader next to it, does show the correct account number from IB, and the Order and position tracker shows the correct open positions in IB - so I know its connected.
However.....
Neither will accept a trade - the esignal data input as you said....will not accept the trade.
the IB feed also does not even up date.....
I have tried many versions of trying to get it fixed....but to no avail.
The error message in the Order Position Tracker window shows that "Invalid destination exchange specified"
Even though it is linked to the ASX and BHP is one of the leading stocks on the exchange.
I can trade on IB TWS....
Unfortunately while this is a beta test - its still not good enough.... :(
It has crashed my system twice today, and logged me out of IB TWS twice as well.....
Its not linking the quote manager and the IB it seems....

geizer

Postby geizer » 10 Feb 2011

Installed alpha 3 discretionary version. The IB chart would'n t update in real-time. I'm using the demo account. Is it just me? Is anyone else having the same issue?

MotoMoto

yes.....I have nothing from IB.
Esignal the charts/data are updating and feeding through.
ID TWS is updating by itself on the same computer.....but not feeding through to MC

geizer

Postby geizer » 10 Feb 2011

The issue reported as "[MC DT Alpha 3] IB charts aren't updated ", bug # MC-183

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 17 Feb 2011

The issue has been solved. Please install the following update: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8222

Return to “MultiCharts”