MultiCharts DT Alpha 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stanley Miller

MultiCharts DT Alpha 3

Postby Stanley Miller » 10 Feb 2011

Critical Fixes:

- After active order is canceled, attached dependent orders remain on the chart;
- Profit and Loss is not calculated correctly if a chart using Interactive Brokers is plotted before establishing a connection to broker;
- Real-time data is displayed differently in MultiCharts and IB TraderWorkStation (version 914.5);
- Fixed exception message in DOM regarding division by zero;
- In DOM, Symbol Settings are not always taken from QuoteManager.

Re: MultiCharts DT Alpha 3

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2011

I updated Alpha 3 today and now I am having problems with IB and max rate of messages being exceeded. If I do not download the missing data it appears to be fine. If I do download missing data I get the max rate exceed and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 11 Feb 2011

when I was prompted to update to alpha 3, the update failed. tried again no luck. reinstalled and it was fine. possible it was just something on my end.

very minor... but still exists
when right click on symbol name, the format symbol menu does not open as it does in regular version.

...thanks for the all the current fixes
Attachments
rclick sym name.png
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 762 times

Tony

Postby Tony » 11 Feb 2011

Following my earlier problems, I have uninstalled the previous version and installed this new version and still I get an Application Error crash every time I try to open it. The only thing I have not done is deleted all the old data when I did the uninstall (so it still recognises the 2 workspaces I had created). Should I uninstall again and get rid of everything this time or can you suggest something else? Whilst I don't want to lose everything again I am obviously at a complete dead end at the moment.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony

Ok - I tried something slightly different - this time I launched but did not open my workspaces and it worked and has allowed me to start creating a new workspace. Maybe the issue is the old workspaces?

It doesn't seem to be giving me any back fill on this though - maybe that will take a while to come through?

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2011

Yesterday I installed the latest version. It took about 15 minutes for my chart to populate and backfill. The whole time the broker connection was good, so that wasn't a problem. Guess it just takes a while to fill.

Soma

Postby Soma » 11 Feb 2011

Oops, hah. Forgot to enter my name. Last post was me.

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2011

Aha - sorted that too now. So I seem to be back up and running but need to recreate the workspaces. No biggy but it would be nice to know how I can prevent it happening again as it could become annoying if it keeps happening.

Tony

One thing I am noticing - although it may be because of the particular difficulties I have had - is that all the indicator settings that I changed to new defaults seem to have reset to the originals with the upgrade. Chart backgrounds and drawing tools have kept my preferences but studies have lost them. Any way these could be kept across defaults?

Thanks,

Tony

Return to “MultiCharts”