Removing bad data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Removing bad data

Postby capgain » 10 Mar 2011

I had mentioned this couple of times in this forum(more than an year or two ago). Why can't I simply right click on any candlebar and remove bad tick ? Having done software programming in my last life, it should not take more than couple of hours of programming. Why keep on adding new features - why not make usability a little more easier. Sorry for the rant.

TJ

Re: Removing bad data

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2011

+1 good idea

geizer

Postby geizer » 10 Mar 2011

I've used a trading software that allows to edit candle OHLC data. Right Click on the candle -> Edit Data. Done. As easy as that.

+ 2

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 10 Mar 2011

It would be a great idea, that's how TS does it and it's really a fast way to edit bad data.
I would also like MC's data edit window to remember the previously entered values, so if I have to repeatedly go back to the edit window, for multiple bad ticks, that I don't have to re-enter the date, exchange etc every time, it's very tedious..

capgain

Postby capgain » 14 Mar 2011

Thanks to all for validating my request! I sure hope someone from Multicharts listens and responds. I usually use Multcharts wth IB and primarily follow SPY and get lot of bad spikes - spoiling the whole chart. It happens so often that I usually switch to other SPY proxies like SSO or UPRO so that I don't go thru data management exercise all the time.

This request requires so little efforts to implement that I am amazed why TSSupport does not even respond to the request. If it requires huge efforts and they have other priorities, sure, please mention it.

geizer

Postby geizer » 14 Mar 2011

The feature request filed under Project management here: MC-225. If this feature is important to you, click "vote for the feature".

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 28 Jun 2011

Hi,

Currently I have a bad tick in FCE N1 CAC40 futures from IB from 2 days.

I clean the data in Quote Manager (Connecting symbol was set, so i have the history).

Unfortunatly the chart is always wrong in MC.

Any other solution to removing bad data and have a good chart ?
The chart is not draw from the Quote manager data base ?

Many thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 28 Jun 2011

Make sure you remove the bad data entry for the symbol in the QuoteManager and then restart everything. In Beta 5 you won't have to restart everything, it'll be enough to clear the cache and the chart will reflect it.

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 28 Jun 2011

Hi,

I clean the quote manager friday, and I reboot the server this week end.
The bad tick is not on the quote manager, but still on the chart.
Make sure you remove the bad data entry for the symbol in the QuoteManager and then restart everything. In Beta 5 you won't have to restart everything, it'll be enough to clear the cache and the chart will reflect it.

capgain

Postby capgain » 28 Jun 2011

It is years since this topic is being discussed (not just in this thread). It sure would be nice to have an user friendly way to do data correction. The way Multicharts wants its users to do is the way folks used to do it before GUI (graphical user interface) was invented ...

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 28 Jun 2011

It is years since this topic is being discussed (not just in this thread). It sure would be nice to have an user friendly way to do data correction. The way Multicharts wants its users to do is the way folks used to do it before GUI (graphical user interface) was invented ...
+1

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 29 Jun 2011

Is it normal that the chart go to search data in IB data and not in Quote Manager ?

Because "Connect symbol" is activate so I have history data and I cleaned it (bad tick was remove). And since I cleaned data, I close MC + QM and reboot the server.
So how to manage for the chart go to take data from QM and not from IB, to avoid this bad tick ?

Many thanks for any reply.
Hi,

I clean the quote manager friday, and I reboot the server this week end.
The bad tick is not on the quote manager, but still on the chart.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Jun 2011

Can you point me to the PM Feature request for this? I can't seem to find it.

rondot samuel ws

here
The feature request filed under Project management here: MC-225. If this feature is important to you, click "vote for the feature".

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Jun 2011

Right, thanks. Overlooked it.

rondot samuel ws

I want to thanks Dave for his assist on the live support.
If some have the same doubt than me, here is what I understood :
when reloading a symbol from Ib, everysingle time data will come from IB Tws, so if a bad tick is in IB, it will fed Quotemanager

The way to go around is to delete the bad tick from quotemanager (nice tip : tick can be hard to find _ not much succes with search option_ use the minute to locate the tick more easily)
When bad tick has been delete, reopen the workspace (don't reload), on opening a workspace, the data come from Quotemanager and not B TWS IF collect R/T is activated on the symbol in Quotemanager

I still have to test the behaviour of this last solution with continuous contrat (I have the feeling continuous download from historic on IB every time it display and not from Quotemanager)

Hope this help others, thanks to correct me if I am still not 100% acurate

capgain

Postby capgain » 30 Jun 2011

Hope this help others, thanks to correct me if I am still not 100% acurate
Thanks,
I use Multicharts primarily to follow SPY. Whenever I get bad spikes, I switch to SSO (double SPY etf) as I find that is easier than go thru the data correction process. But today I got a bad spike at 8:45 and I thought I will go thru the process of quotemanger. Unfortunately I was not even able to find the bad data (the one minute bar shows at 8:45 but none of the data during that is bad). But the charts still show the bad spike.

Since my primary work is trading and not data management, I just switched to SSO and went back to trading ...

Return to “MultiCharts”