MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 1 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 1 RELEASE

Postby admin » 04 Apr 2011

MultiCharts 7 is a significant improvement from previous versions and it’s unique in a number of ways – we introduced manual trading capabilities which makes MultiCharts a complete trading platform, event processing is now absolutely accurate, almost all issues raised by users were fixed, and we addressed many other minor issues. The vision for MultiCharts 7 was to create the most accurate, the most stable, and the most useful platform to date. Many issues were reported by our users through the online Project Management system, we were able to make the platform better for everyone thanks to the input of our reporters. Below you will find a more detailed description of major and minor improvements contained in this beta release of MultiCharts 7.

Learn more about 7 version and download it.

Moderator's note:
Please back up your old MultiCharts directories (data and studies) before upgrade.

see 2nd post for directory location:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6845

TraderGuy

Re: MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 1 RELEASE

Postby TraderGuy » 04 Apr 2011

Wow, looking forward to working with the new beta. Thank you for all the hard work.

tcat

Postby tcat » 04 Apr 2011

Thanks for finally releasing MC7! The amount of corrections brougth with this beta release is really impressive!

Upon installation and initial tests of MC 7 Beta 1, I have a few comments:

1) The setup/compilation is getting longer, releases after releases. What is it that contributes to increase the installation time? Is it that the quote format changed and that all quotes need to be reprocessed? I also noticed that the compilation time has increased, but it could be related to the number of personal indicators I have.

2) One thing that annoyed me with version 6 and is still there in the beta release is the "Your PC is running out of memory" window (not to be confused with the memory warning pop-up). The issue I have with this window is that nothing can be done but to kill MC if you want to get rid of it. Sure, I am facing the 2 Gb memory limit of the application, but that pop-up window prevents me from doing anything to correct the situation. Having a 10 seconds buffer between the closure and the next display of the window would give enough time for the user to take corrective actions.

3) You mentionned that
*Dukascopy and FXCM are not supported through the DOM, due to limitations.
Are those limitations brokers related? I am just wondering because the Duka-Jforex platform provides market depth information, so I was expecting such info to be available through MC. Or isn't this information available through the FIX API?

Regards,
Thierry

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 04 Apr 2011

I see two bugs that had been scheduled for this beta release managed to escape. Would there be any chance to fix them in the near future?

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-46
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-45

thanks

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 04 Apr 2011

There's still following issue. It was "promised" to be fixed in MC7 ;o)

Here the issue :

The <data range> in the <format instrument> windows is still set to calendar dates and not trading days. So if I set it for 2 trading days (to see on Monday the data for Friday &Monday), I still get just the Monday on the chart. Because MC calculates it as calendar dates, which makes no sense. Why? Nobody wants to have a 2 day BUND chart for Monday and Sunday. Further you have to be aware for any holidays and so on.

So please fix this issue until the official release as "promised". Thank you.

Further I experienced that if you change the size of the text in the Scanner from <smaller> to <medium> and want to change it back, both are still "highlighted". (screenshot is attached)

Regards.
Attachments
MC7b - ScannerMenueBug.png
(22.33 KiB) Downloaded 7777 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Apr 2011

Finally.

First problem. Before trying to map IB symbols into eSignal's and generate orders based on eSignal's charts and not IB's, I'm trying to give an order on an IB chart/symbol and I'm receiving always the same error message on the Order tracker window: No security definition has been found for the request.

What does this mean?
I remember when I tested DT version I had no problem giving orders on an IB chart. I had problems using eSignal's charts due to wrong mapping, but not on IB's charts.

Any help?

Regards,
Fernando

PS:This is only the first beta version, so if you respect previous versions beta releases, we'll expect at least 3 more version until the final one.
So... the chart trading window must have, maybe right below the PnL indication between the Buy and Sell buttons, the Bid and Ask directly from the broker. This way, those who use an external data feed, not the broker, can see what the bid/ask the broker is giving us compared with the prices being plotted on the chart.

Also, due to this problem that I'm having not being able to send orders, I'm not able to see if the eSignal's charts are able to recognize the PnL and stop and limit orders. I remember on DT version, on eSignal's charts we could not see any of the trendlines generated by stop and limit orders nor the PnL of opened trades.
The only way to have confirmation of the orders given was looking to TWS itself or the order tracker windows.

If this problem continues, I hope that until de final version this is fixed since it makes no sense eSignal's charts not being recognized by the manual trading setups.

Another thing already mention in previous messages is the tick by tick playback in global mode when using the same symbol.
With the tick ID now presented, I don't see why this cannot be achieved now.

I repeat, playback function is of the utmost importance for discretionary traders, and the tick by tick playback, with various degrees of ticks being played is priceless.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 04 Apr 2011

Hooray for TickCache! Image

(Icon credit: BMT)

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 04 Apr 2011

Hooray for Ver7 Beta1 !!

Loaded it up and ready for RT tomorrow.. (looking forward to DOM in RT etc)
Great job MC team !!!!

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2011

Here is an image of the log reporting the errors I've mentioned above.
Attachments
picture4.gif
(155.29 KiB) Downloaded 7724 times
Last edited by arnie on 05 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

SP

Postby SP » 05 Apr 2011

Newly created Custom Futures with IB as Data Source in the symbol directory wont update the chart, showing only historical data.
Attachments
Custom Future.png
(63.2 KiB) Downloaded 7711 times

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 05 Apr 2011

Hi,

if I turn on automated trading then I get the error: "Invalid value in field # 6035".
Which suggest I have to add some configuration. But where and what?

Marc

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 05 Apr 2011

Wow, looking forward to working with the new beta. Thank you for all the hard work.
Thank you for your nice words.

Stan Bokov

1) The setup/compilation is getting longer, releases after releases. What is it that contributes to increase the installation time? Is it that the quote format changed and that all quotes need to be reprocessed? I also noticed that the compilation time has increased, but it could be related to the number of personal indicators I have.
Thank you for your comments, Thierry. The compilation time remained unaffected, the increase is probably due to the increasing number of scripts you have on your machine.
2) One thing that annoyed me with version 6 and is still there in the beta release is the "Your PC is running out of memory" window (not to be confused with the memory warning pop-up). The issue I have with this window is that nothing can be done but to kill MC if you want to get rid of it. Sure, I am facing the 2 Gb memory limit of the application, but that pop-up window prevents me from doing anything to correct the situation. Having a 10 seconds buffer between the closure and the next display of the window would give enough time for the user to take corrective actions.
We understand that this message may be annoying to some users. When we release a 64-bit version of MultiCharts, and we are hoping to have a working version by early fall of 2011, this message will no longer be a problem. In the meantime, here is the registry key that is responsible for this alert - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TS Support\MultiCharts\MemoryMonitor. You can access the registry by typing in 'regedit' in the Run field in Windows' start menu. All number are in megabytes, and they indicate the level at which the alert pops out. The current limit for memory usage in MC is 2 GB (2000 MB for simplicity). So, if you change the necessary entries to values of 2000, you will never see the message again. However, keep in mind that once MC runs out of memory, it may crash - so I would advise you to set the limit a little below 2000.
3) You mentionned that
*Dukascopy and FXCM are not supported through the DOM, due to limitations.
Are those limitations brokers related? I am just wondering because the Duka-Jforex platform provides market depth information, so I was expecting such info to be available through MC. Or isn't this information available through the FIX API?
Dukascopy provides DOM data, but we have not been able to obtain a FIX account (which is currently given out to Dukascopy clients with accounts of 100k USD and higher) in order to test the DOM. As for FXCM, DOM is not currently supported through their API.

Regards,
Thierry[/quote]

Stan Bokov

I see two bugs that had been scheduled for this beta release managed to escape. Would there be any chance to fix them in the near future?

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-46
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-45

thanks
Hi Tresor,
Thank you for your concern and attention to these issues. We have not forgotten about them, but given the time constraints we could not incorporate them into beta1. They will be addressed by the time of the official release of MultiCharts 7.

Stan Bokov

Here the issue :

The <data range> in the <format instrument> windows is still set to calendar dates and not trading days. So if I set it for 2 trading days (to see on Monday the data for Friday &Monday), I still get just the Monday on the chart. Because MC calculates it as calendar dates, which makes no sense. Why? Nobody wants to have a 2 day BUND chart for Monday and Sunday. Further you have to be aware for any holidays and so on.

Thank you for your comments. The issue is not clear. The holidays are incorporated in the QuoteManager and they are taken into account when charts are constructed. As far as I understand, you are saying that when selecting a data range for daily charts, the holiday days are still appearing? Please double check your holiday settings, and the issue persists please report it in the PM to create a paper trail.
Further I experienced that if you change the size of the text in the Scanner from <smaller> to <medium> and want to change it back, both are still "highlighted". (screenshot is attached)
This issue has been reproduced, documented, and we will fix it by the next release.

Stan Bokov

Finally.

First problem. Before trying to map IB symbols into eSignal's and generate orders based on eSignal's charts and not IB's, I'm trying to give an order on an IB chart/symbol and I'm receiving always the same error message on the Order tracker window: No security definition has been found for the request.

What does this mean?
I remember when I tested DT version I had no problem giving orders on an IB chart. I had problems using eSignal's charts due to wrong mapping, but not on IB's charts.
Hi Fernando,
Thank you for your input. From what I understand, you tried to create an IB chart and then place a trade - and you got a rejection No security definition has been found for the request. That is very strange, since obviously you can trade an IB chart without filling in any Symbol Mapping details. If the problem persists, please visit our Live Chat.
PS:This is only the first beta version, so if you respect previous versions beta releases, we'll expect at least 3 more version until the final one.
So... the chart trading window must have, maybe right below the PnL indication between the Buy and Sell buttons, the Bid and Ask directly from the broker. This way, those who use an external data feed, not the broker, can see what the bid/ask the broker is giving us compared with the prices being plotted on the chart.
Please add a feature request to PM.
Also, due to this problem that I'm having not being able to send orders, I'm not able to see if the eSignal's charts are able to recognize the PnL and stop and limit orders. I remember on DT version, on eSignal's charts we could not see any of the trendlines generated by stop and limit orders nor the PnL of opened trades.
The only way to have confirmation of the orders given was looking to TWS itself or the order tracker windows.

If this problem continues, I hope that until de final version this is fixed since it makes no sense eSignal's charts not being recognized by the manual trading setups.
You have touched upon an important point. Previously (and currently) MultiCharts is capable of doing 'one-way' symbol mapping - from the chart to the broker. For instance, MultiCharts is capable of translating an eSignal instrument into IB symbology and placing an order on IB. However, a 'two-way' symbol mapping is required if we are to receive an order confirmation from IB and draw it on the eSignal chart. It is rather difficult to map out different patterns of behavior, and to implement it. However, we are hoping this can be done by the release.
Another thing already mention in previous messages is the tick by tick playback in global mode when using the same symbol.
With the tick ID now presented, I don't see why this cannot be achieved now.
The challenge would be to monitor all open charts, let's say in the same workspace and forbid global playback on tick resolution when you have different symbols open. MultiCharts currently does not monitor open charts on a group level. Please add your suggestion to PM.

Stan Bokov

Newly created Custom Futures with IB as Data Source in the symbol directory wont update the chart, showing only historical data.
Hi SP,

Thank you for reporting this issue - it is confirmed. This behavior is an unforeseen cause of the TickID introduction. We were able to reproduce it, it is documented internally, and it will be addressed.

JackR

Postby JackR » 05 Apr 2011

I use IB as my datafeed. Under MC 6.0 I've made Custom Futures based on the eSignal Symbol Directory.
If I install MC 7 I assume it will overwrite MC 6. Is this the way I should install MC 7 - just run it?

What will happen to my Custom Futures?
My collected data history?

Stan Bokov

Hi,

if I turn on automated trading then I get the error: "Invalid value in field # 6035".

Marc
This is an API message from Interactive Brokers - it's not from our program, this message is too helpful to be ours :) We don't know what field #6035 means, but they appear when you did not map something correctly - either your Symbol Mapping, or your Financial Advisor settings. Check them, until you find what's wrong.

bibulous

Hi,

Marc
This is an API message from Interactive Brokers - it's not from our program, this message is too helpful to be ours :) We don't know what field #6035 means, but they appear when you did not map something correctly - either your Symbol Mapping, or your Financial Advisor settings. Check them, until you find what's wrong.
I do not have this problem(?) with MC6, so I assumed it is yours.. weird.

Stan Bokov

I use IB as my datafeed. Under MC 6.0 I've made Custom Futures based on the eSignal Symbol Directory.
If I install MC 7 I assume it will overwrite MC 6. Is this the way I should install MC 7 - just run it?

What will happen to my Custom Futures?
My collected data history?
Moderator's note:
Please back up your old MultiCharts directories (data and studies) before upgrade.

see 2nd post for directory location:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6845

Your symbol list will remain untouched as should your data, but back up the data just in case. You should shut off MC6 and everything related, run the MC7 installer, and follow the prompts.

tcat

Postby tcat » 05 Apr 2011

Thanks Stan for your replies.

Cheers,
Thierry

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2011

Thanks Stan.

Features already requested at PM.

Regards,
Fernando

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 05 Apr 2011

Hi,

Marc
MC has introduced requirement for extra information in Symbol mapping section found under format Strategy, I remember having same problem with MC 7 Alpha and after making necessary changes in symbol mapping it worked. I have not downloaded MC7 Beta but I suspect it could be the reason.
Attachments
SymbolMapping.JPG
(69.81 KiB) Downloaded 7774 times
Last edited by SUPER on 07 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

bibulous

MC has introduced requirement for extra information in Symbol mapping section found under format Strategy, I remember having same problem with MC 7 Alpha and after making necessary changes in symbol mapping it worked. I have not downloaded MC7 Beta but I suspect it could be the reason.
Thanks! Looks like mine though..

virginiatrader

Postby virginiatrader » 05 Apr 2011

Something weird...

I upgraded to the MC7 Beta last evening. Charts and indicators that I have been creating and using since MC3 were opened with no problems. However, since using it, I have noticed strange behavior:

I always have a number of work spaces open, each populated with one chart, and occasionally several, as is the case with the E-Mini S&P500. I open the work spaces in alphabetical order, mostly because when I click the "File, Open..." icon on the menu bar, I get my work spaces in that order. For example, I have Coffee, Copper, Corn, etc., with the last work space being the E-Mini S&P500. The E-Mini S&P500 is the only "real-time" work space I have. My real-time quotes come from IB; the other work spaces are charted from historical data provided by Pinnacle Data Corp.

The strange behavior is that when I open all the work spaces in alphabetical order, and then close MC7 and reopen, MC7 opens all the work spaces in reverse order. All of the tabs are there, as are the charts. The chart windows, instruments, and indicators all intact and formatted properly.

This has happened twice. I have not captured screen shots, since the behavior is easily described, but I can get them if someone needs them for a solution.

Regards,

virginiatrader

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 05 Apr 2011

tcat wrote:

We understand that this message may be annoying to some users. When we release a 64-bit version of MultiCharts, and we are hoping to have a working version by early fall of 2011, this message will no longer be a problem. In the meantime, here is the registry key that is responsible for this alert - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TS Support\MultiCharts\MemoryMonitor. You can access the registry by typing in 'regedit' in the Run field in Windows' start menu. All number are in megabytes, and they indicate the level at which the alert pops out. The current limit for memory usage in MC is 2 GB (2000 MB for simplicity). So, if you change the necessary entries to values of 2000, you will never see the message again. However, keep in mind that once MC runs out of memory, it may crash - so I would advise you to set the limit a little below 2000.

The key mentioned in your response is not present in my registry. I am certain of this, checked and verified several times. Can you confirm your information? Thank you.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 05 Apr 2011

Thanks for Beta 7, very nice improvements, looks great.
Any possibility of the MC open p&l ( chart trader, OPT, flag) for Interactive Broker orders not to lag IB p&l ?
MC open p&l still lags IB open p&l.

tcat

Postby tcat » 06 Apr 2011

tcat wrote:

The key mentioned in your response is not present in my registry. I am certain of this, checked and verified several times. Can you confirm your information? Thank you.
I don't have it neither.

tcat

Postby tcat » 06 Apr 2011

Fyi, Indicators that introduce a division by zero crash MC beta 1 and the PowerLanguage Editor.

They normally should generate a warning message and just be deactivated.

JackR

Postby JackR » 06 Apr 2011

tcat wrote:
2) One thing that annoyed me with version 6 and is still there in the beta release is the "Your PC is running out of memory"

I have MC loaded in a 64bit system so the registry is a little different. Try searching for
"TS Support\MultiCharts\MemoryMonitor" . There are three different entries. One for MCPortfolio.exe, one for MultiCharts.exe, and one for tsServer.exe.

Jack

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 06 Apr 2011

Here the issue :

Thank you for your comments. The issue is not clear. The holidays are incorporated in the QuoteManager and they are taken into account when charts are constructed. As far as I understand, you are saying that when selecting a data range for daily charts, the holiday days are still appearing? Please double check your holiday settings, and the issue persists please report it in the PM to create a paper trail.
This issue has been reproduced, documented, and we will fix it by the next release.
Dear Stan ....

I'm talking about intra-day charts. If you take a look on my attached screenshots you will understand what I'm talking about. As you see in the attachment <ss2.png> I typed in 5 days for the data range to show up data for the last 5 trading days. Because of the weekend MC shows 3 days back only in attachment <ss1.png>. Issue ? Calendar dates instead off trading days. This makes no sense. Normally it should show us the last 5 trading days until Wednesday last week. Or do you expect to see any trading action from Saturday and Sunday ? ... Just kidding ;o)

I think the issue should be clear now.

Regards.

Mike
Attachments
ss2.png
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 7712 times
ss1.png
(37.2 KiB) Downloaded 7705 times

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 06 Apr 2011

tcat wrote:
FogChaser2011 wrote:
Quote:
tcat wrote:
2) One thing that annoyed me with version 6 and is still there in the beta release is the "Your PC is running out of memory"

I have MC loaded in a 64bit system so the registry is a little different. Try searching for
"TS Support\MultiCharts\MemoryMonitor" . There are three different entries. One for MCPortfolio.exe, one for MultiCharts.exe, and one for tsServer.exe.

Jack

Jack,

I too have MC on a 64 bit W7 machine. Do you actually know for a fact that the key in question is present in your registry? I have searched mine qute extensively and could not find it.

piranhaxp

For all Win7 64 bit user !!!

The affected registry_entry is stored at :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\TSSUPPORT\MULTICHARTS\MEMORYMONITOR.

Hope this helps. Doubleklick on the entries and change from 'Hexadecimal' to 'Decimal' and change it. I tried 1995 as a value and stressed MC with importing BUND-TickData from 1997 until now and charting them in 100tick chart .... No issues.

Regards.

Mike

FogChaser2011

Hope this helps. Doubleklick on the entries and change from 'Hexadecimal' to 'Decimal' and change it. I tried 1995 as a value and stressed MC with importing BUND-TickData from 1997 until now and charting them in 100tick chart .... No issues.

Regards.

Mike
Hi Mike, thank you for the info. There are three entries there with numbers that can be changed as you described. Which one(s) do I need to modify? Thanks again.

piranhaxp

Regards.

Mike
Hi Mike, thank you for the info. There are three entries there with numbers that can be changed as you described. Which one(s) do I need to modify? Thanks again.

May I did something wrong, but I changed all 3 registry entries. Because I had this issue with all 3 applications.
Tsserver.exe was issued when importing large tick-data sets. Multichart.exe was issued in charting wide range of data. Additionally mcportfolio.exe was issued when testing systems in higher range of symbol (>10) with large data ranges.

Today I had no issues after the changes.

Mike

FogChaser2011

Thanks Mike. Just did the same with my MC. Will post here if my memory message problem persists.

vking

Postby vking » 06 Apr 2011

Posting in this thread as well to see - if anyone is aware of this
--
Hello - Does any one know the difference between sim/live/live-lan modes of zenfire beta datafeed in multicharts?

thanks
----

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Apr 2011

Hi,

Marc
There were additional fields introduced to Symbol Mapping in MultiCharts 7. Make sure you fill them all out.

Stan Bokov

tcat wrote:

Some registry entires are not generated until you experience the behavior at least once (to conserve space). But, you may be running a 64-bit machine, in which case the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TS Support\MultiCharts\MemoryMonitor

Stan Bokov

Something weird...

I upgraded to the MC7 Beta last evening. Charts and indicators that I have been creating and using since MC3 were opened with no problems. However, since using it, I have noticed strange behavior:

I always have a number of work spaces open, each populated with one chart, and occasionally several, as is the case with the E-Mini S&P500. I open the work spaces in alphabetical order, mostly because when I click the "File, Open..." icon on the menu bar, I get my work spaces in that order. For example, I have Coffee, Copper, Corn, etc., with the last work space being the E-Mini S&P500. The E-Mini S&P500 is the only "real-time" work space I have. My real-time quotes come from IB; the other work spaces are charted from historical data provided by Pinnacle Data Corp.

The strange behavior is that when I open all the work spaces in alphabetical order, and then close MC7 and reopen, MC7 opens all the work spaces in reverse order. All of the tabs are there, as are the charts. The chart windows, instruments, and indicators all intact and formatted properly.

This has happened twice. I have not captured screen shots, since the behavior is easily described, but I can get them if someone needs them for a solution.

Regards,

virginiatrader
Please add it to the PM, if you have not done so already, and our engineers will try to get this done by the release.

Stan Bokov

Here the issue :

Dear Stan ....

I'm talking about intra-day charts. If you take a look on my attached screenshots you will understand what I'm talking about. As you see in the attachment <ss2.png> I typed in 5 days for the data range to show up data for the last 5 trading days. Because of the weekend MC shows 3 days back only in attachment <ss1.png>. Issue ? Calendar dates instead off trading days. This makes no sense. Normally it should show us the last 5 trading days until Wednesday last week. Or do you expect to see any trading action from Saturday and Sunday ? ... Just kidding ;o)

I think the issue should be clear now.

Regards.

Mike
The issue is clear now, thank you. Please add it to the PM, if you have not done so already, and our engineers will try to get this done by the release.

Stan Bokov

--
Hello - Does any one know the difference between sim/live/live-lan modes of zenfire beta datafeed in multicharts?

thanks
----
The Zen-Fire beta data feed is still in development, we are expecting a release of their new API to happen sometime this summer. They are developing many new features through this API, which we will be excited to bring to our users. However, until it's complete I believe there is not too much data coming in through that API. I am not sure what sim/live/live-lan modes differences are of zen-fire data feed. I will try asking Zen-Fire about this. I will post back here if I find out anything.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 07 Apr 2011

There were additional fields introduced to Symbol Mapping in MultiCharts 7. Make sure you fill them all out.
Interesting. Where? I only found "Local Symbol" which I have set to the same as the "Chart Symbol". Is there more I have to fill out? Attached is my current mapping for the ES.
Attachments
es_mapping.png
Mapping ES (Interactive Brokers / IQFeed)
(9.37 KiB) Downloaded 7727 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 07 Apr 2011

Interesting. Where? I only found "Local Symbol" which I have set to the same as the "Chart Symbol". Is there more I have to fill out? Attached is my current mapping for the ES.

You need to make change under "Local Symbol" setting, it should read ESM1 instead of @ES#, otherwise every thing looks fine.

Stan Bokov

Attached is a screenshot with proper settings
Attachments
bibulous.png
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 7750 times

Stan Bokov

--

thanks
----
The Zen-Fire beta data feed is still in development, we are expecting a release of their new API to happen sometime this summer. They are developing many new features through this API, which we will be excited to bring to our users. However, until it's complete I believe there is not too much data coming in through that API. I am not sure what sim/live/live-lan modes differences are of zen-fire data feed. I will try asking Zen-Fire about this. I will post back here if I find out anything.
Update from Zen-Fire developers - you should use only Live. Sim is for developer testing and live-LAN is local to Zen-Fire LAN. We will probably hardcode Live only in the future.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 07 Apr 2011

Attached is a screenshot with proper settings
Thanks! That fixed it.

vking

Postby vking » 07 Apr 2011

Thanks Stan. Appeciate it!!
--

thanks
----
Update from Zen-Fire developers - you should use only Live. Sim is for developer testing and live-LAN is local to Zen-Fire LAN. We will probably hardcode Live only in the future.

tekram

Postby tekram » 09 Apr 2011

This may have nothing to do with the MC7beta release, but I am getting a "Not Authorized" on Saturday morning. MC is still running, but it may shut down in a while.
Attachments
NotAuthorized2011-04-09_101819.gif
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 7766 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 Apr 2011

Hi tekram,

When that happened did you double click on it so DRM could reconnect to the servers again?

I remember that happening to me from time to time on version 6, but a simple double click on it would be enough to regain the rights.

tekram

Postby tekram » 09 Apr 2011

.. double click on it so DRM could reconnect to the servers again?
.., but a simple double click on it would be enough to regain the rights.
Thank you. That fixed it, it is just that I haven't seem this for a while and it came up soon after I installed MC7 beta.

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 09 Apr 2011

Kudos to MultiCharts! I installed the beta and it looks very promising.

I had one problem, however: I tried using the Portfolio Backtester, and it ran very slowly. In particular, the cores on my CPU were never stressed -- they hovered around 25%-50% utilization. I've attached a screenshot. (This is in contrast to the current version of the Portfolio Backtester, which pegs my CPU cores at around 95%-99% utilization.) Is this a known issue?

I also have just a nitpick: I like the new icons, but they seem a bit "abstract" and difficult to understand, and they also look rather similar. For example, the icon for the Portfolio Backtester didn't seem obvious to me.
Attachments
Portfolio backtester.tif
Screenshot of CPU utilization with Portfolio Backtester
(116.63 KiB) Downloaded 7708 times

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 10 Apr 2011

Kudos to MultiCharts! .....For example, the icon for the Portfolio Backtester didn't seem obvious to me.
+1

not obvious to me too

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 10 Apr 2011

This may have nothing to do with the MC7beta release, but I am getting a "Not Authorized" on Saturday morning. MC is still running, but it may shut down in a while.
I am getting a "Not Authorized" on whole Sunday today. It would be okay if it is intended. Otherwise, this worries me as you may imagine you can't get realtime data when you want to trade / autotrade!!

Sa

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Apr 2011

I am getting a "Not Authorized" on whole Sunday today. It would be okay if it is intended. Otherwise, this worries me as you may imagine you can't get realtime data when you want to trade / autotrade!!

Sa
I was doing testing until 0200 EST (20110410).
I had no problem with authorization.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 11 Apr 2011

I also have just a nitpick: I like the new icons, but they seem a bit "abstract" and difficult to understand, and they also look rather similar. For example, the icon for the Portfolio Backtester didn't seem obvious to me.
As far as icons go, there is improvement in 7.1 in relation to 7.0 alpha. I finally know what each Control icon means. Well done, MC!
Attachments
7.1 icon improvement.jpg
(28.12 KiB) Downloaded 7704 times

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 11 Apr 2011

Good point. I wasn't clear, but I was referring to the program icons for the applications in Windows (e.g., for the Portfolio Backtester and the Quote Manager), not the internal icons in the toolbars. The toolbar icons do look very nice.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 12 Apr 2011

Good point. I wasn't clear, but I was referring to the program icons for the applications in Windows (e.g., for the Portfolio Backtester and the Quote Manager), not the internal icons in the toolbars. The toolbar icons do look very nice.
I know what you mean. The new Pulpit icons are pretty like Richard Hammond's new hair cut, but basically content-less and confusing (maybe because they share the same pastel blue backgroud?).

Well, at least I see improvements to Control icons (compared to 7.0 alpha), which is a good sign for future.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Apr 2011

Thanks for the kind words. The new icons were a little confusing to me too.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 12 Apr 2011

I got it the next night.

Hi,

After getting an email today indicating MC 7 beta 1 release was out I went to the very first post in this thread to check the link to the details about it to see if the MC version of the getactive commands were available allowing me to even run it and I get a no find on that link. Where do I determine if they are there since I can't touch it if they are not?

Thanks,
John.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Apr 2011

After initially not being available, the 7.0 new features list link worked last night on the notebook and just now on my main trading computer. I guess I will read it over this weekend.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Apr 2011

Hi bowlesj3,

Not sure what you are referring to. If you have any questions, could you please re-post in different words?

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Apr 2011

No Questions Stan. I tried the link a few nights ago and it showed an empty screen. Last night I tried again and it successfully brought up the data on MC 7.0 as one would expect and all is well now.
Thanks for responding.
John.

Return to “MultiCharts”