Zen-Fire bad ticks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
escamillo

Zen-Fire bad ticks

Postby escamillo » 11 Apr 2011

Has anyone using Zen-Fire data has had bad tick issues? I get occasional bad ticks when using Zen-Fire data. When I call Zen-Fire, they claim no reports of bad data and can find none in their recent history. I think believe them.

Attached are three five minute charts for the period April 11, 2011 with a bad bar at 17:05 (exchange time) on the Zen-Fire chart, while the Rithmic data and Open E Cry data charts do not have the bad bar. They were all open at the time the bad Zen-Fire bar was created.

It is correctable by deleting cache and data for that symbol; when the data reloads, the bad ticks are not there. But for real time trading, auto trading charts, this is not good.

Is anyone using Zen-Fire also seeing this? Any idea what is going on?
Zen-Fire 4-11-2011.png
(14.41 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Rithmic 4-11-2011.png
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
OpenECry 4-11-2011.png
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
I should note that it may not strictly be the Zen-Fire data, but may be the result of having another chart open, in addition to the three posted, that has some code associated with it: the other Zen-Fire chart in a different worksheet, if open, had some code associated with it. So maybe if the chart in the other workspace had had Rithmic data, that chart would have been corrupted. Just throwing out the possibility - I do not know what is going on.

escamillo

Re: Zen-Fire bad ticks

Postby escamillo » 12 Apr 2011

Basically on MultiCharts this morning the entire time has been spent - two hours - deleting cache and data and rebooting. EVERY time the platform and one workspace is reopened, the Zen-Fire cache gets corrupted. BUT that same workspace has matching Rithmic data and OpenECry data charts and the caches and data from those providers have never been corrupted. A bit odd because Zen-Fire is from Rithmic; but it is not my job to know way one works on not the other.

SO, disaster on the Zen-Fire data front. Will not be recommending this to my peers.
Attachments
MultiCharts1.png
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 587 times

escamillo

Re: Zen-Fire bad ticks

Postby escamillo » 12 Apr 2011

If I open a DOM window with a chart open it corrupts the cache. Just keeping what I am seeing up to date.

April 14: including a possibility: I am on wireless from router to computer. maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with Zen-Fire data bad ticks. BUT, from Rithmic and Open E Cry data I have never had a problem. Just tossing out the possibility...

Return to “MultiCharts”