Online Mode Connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DRCM

Online Mode Connection

Postby DRCM » 18 Apr 2011

Hello,
I`m new with MultiCharts.
How to connect to Online mode when all my charts open in offline ? I get error message " Close all chart and quote manager windows and try to set data server mode again". Is there any other way to do it? just want to go online update my charts and back offline without closing anything. I use IQFeeD as data provider.

TJ

Re: Online Mode Connection

Postby TJ » 18 Apr 2011

Hello,
I`m new with MultiCharts.
How to connect to Online mode when all my charts open in offline ? I get error message " Close all chart and quote manager windows and try to set data server mode again". Is there any other way to do it? just want to go online update my charts and back offline without closing anything. I use IQFeeD as data provider.
You have to exit your charts and quote manager before you can change the online mode.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 19 Apr 2011

Can we expect IQFeeD plugin switch (on/off) to be implemented in the nearest future?
Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 21 Apr 2011

Hi DRCM,

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 21 Apr 2011

Probably MultiCharts works a bit different way compare with AB my current tech.analysis software. There is a button, you can shutdown or recconect IQFeeD plugin. So, actually you can do it anytime you want with no need to close your charts.
Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Apr 2011

Online mode is global, either everything is off (no connection to the outside world) or everything is on (the gates are open). It's similar to the way TS has it. Usually most users have it on all the time.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 22 Apr 2011

Hi Stan,

But we still can connect and trade to IB even if you open MultiCharts in offline mode having IQFeeD switched off. I`ve tried DOM and it gets data from InteractiveBrokers. Is IB trading fully functional in this case?
Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 25 Apr 2011

Once again I don't understand the question. If you have MC in Offline mode deliberately, you will not be able to receive live data or send orders out of it - it's like launching it in a vacuum. You can still place trades through the TWS trading order window inside their application.

Return to “MultiCharts”