connectng to TWS on different computer

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Coolmoss

connectng to TWS on different computer

Postby Coolmoss » 23 Apr 2011

I have just downloaded and installed Discretionary Trader. If TWS is running on same computer, I'm able to get data. If TWS is running on different computer, Discretionary Trader says "Connecting" but never gets data.

I am very familiar with the proper way to setup IP address for TWS on different computer, and NT has no problem connecting to TWS on different computer, whereas Discretionary trader can't.

Please advise.

Stan Bokov

Re: connectng to TWS on different computer

Postby Stan Bokov » 25 Apr 2011

MCDT should be able to connect to it on the different computer, if you put the IP and the port correctly, and make sure the port is open on the other machine. Maybe TWS can accept only one incoming connection in a particular port, and you already have NT connected there... Double-check all your settings, and then please let us know if it worked - it should connect.

coolmoss

Postby coolmoss » 25 Apr 2011

Hi Stan,

TWS allows multiple connections to same port, and I have done this myself. Also, I tried connecting MCDT to TWS with NT not running. As I stated, I know the IP I'm using is correct because NT is working (and I triple checked for typing errors). I honestly spent almost 2 hours just trying to get it to connect, no luck. I'm a fairly technically saavy person and near as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly.

I can tell you that MCDT is triggering the TWS log in window to open on the same computer, even though I have it setup to open on the other computer (the other IP address).

Note in the image that icon is green and shows connected, yet the chart title bar says "Establishing connection" and stays that way forever. I did notice that TWS on the other computer does have the connection permission window flash when MCDT connects.

PS the confirmation post code text is damn near impossible for me to read. Any way around this?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 26 Apr 2011

Thanks for your time and investigation. Could you come to the Live Chat so we can investigate the problem? Maybe it's an issue with MCDT.

Return to “MultiCharts”