eSignal IB mapping problem  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
klotzki

eSignal IB mapping problem  [SOLVED]

Postby klotzki » 17 May 2011

How do I properly setup eSignal-IB symbol mapping? I keep getting a "No security definition has been found" error from IB when I'm trying to put in chart orders.

I'm encountering the same problem for the most commonly listed stocks in both US and HK.

Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Re: eSignal IB mapping problem

Postby Stan Bokov » 18 May 2011

In order to find the correct settings for symbol mapping, you should open TWS and add the symbols you are looking for to the TWS. Then, right -click on the symbol in TWS, and choose Contract Info > Description. These settings are what you need to properly set up Symbol Mapping.

klotzki

Postby klotzki » 20 May 2011

Hi Stan,

I guess wasn't very clear with my question. So if I'm using eSignal as my datafeed and IB as my broker, how do I set it up in the quote manager? Do I need just 1 instrument, with eSignal as the datasource? Where do I indicate what the IB symbol is.

Let's use HSBC listed in HK as an example. eSignal symbol is "0005-HKG", but just "5" in IB TWS.

Merrick

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 May 2011

You need just the eSignal symbol in your QuoteManager. You set up Symbol Mapping in the broker settings for IB. I've attached a screenshot of where you do that.
Attachments
IB_symbol_mapping.png
(185.49 KiB) Downloaded 554 times

klotzki

Postby klotzki » 23 May 2011

Hi Stan,

When click on "Add" under Symbol Mapping in Interactive Broker properties, nothing happens. I'm running MCDT 7.0 Beta 3 (Build 46).

Klotzki

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 May 2011

Just open your eSignal chart, and navigate to that window. It will be autopopulated.

Return to “MultiCharts”