New features on the forum

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

New features on the forum

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 May 2011

Dear forum users,

As you may have already noticed, we added a couple of new features recently to our forum. First, there is a new status, which shows when a user is Online or Offline. This may be helpful if you are having a discussion with another member.

We also added a Thanks button. Just like you thank people in real life, click the "Thanks" button when you find someone's post helpful. The person will then know you appreciated their help :).

admin

Re: New features on the forum

Postby admin » 19 May 2011

We also added a Thanks button. Just like you thank people in real life, click the "Thanks" button when you find someone's post helpful. The person will then know you appreciated their help :).
Which also can be used as voting because each post shows the number of Thanks on the bottom.

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 24 May 2011

Hi,

In my opinion, and I didin't find how to do it, It should be very interesting to put post as personal bookmark

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 25 May 2011

Hi,

In my opinion, and I didin't find how to do it, It should be very interesting to put post as personal bookmark
Do you mean a personal page/link for each post as opposed to the entire thread?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 25 May 2011

Hi,

Do you mean a personal page/link for each post as opposed to the entire thread?
I think an permalink hyperlink in a post would also do - so that clicking on that link would give us directly that post (instead of having to scroll through the whole thread). That would make references to other posts easier, and would enable us to bookmark (in our browser) a specific helpful post (if Rondot Samuel Ws meant that by a 'personal bookmark').

The current workaround for this, hovering over the "Quote" button for looking up the post number, then manually adjust the thread url to show that post (i.e. adding &p=[postnumber]#p[postnumber]), is somewhat cumbersome. (Or perhaps I'm just spoiled ;))

Regards,
Josh

admin

Postby admin » 25 May 2011

Hi,

Subscribe topic and Bookmark topic options have been added.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 May 2011

I appreciate the ability to subscribe to a thread. It alleviates the need to post in order to be updated by email when new posts come in to a thread I am interested in but have not posted to. Thanks!!
However, I lurk and learn a lot over at Big Mike's and love the permalink button on each post. If I am researching a topic, I can just drag the permalink to a directory or my desktop and then give it a name. If I want to reference the post in another post in another thread, I just copy and paste the permalink. So, having the permalink button for every post is actually more practical then having a bookmark button for the entire thread.

Just a thought.

~Bob

admin

Postby admin » 31 May 2011

However, I lurk and learn a lot over at Big Mike's and love the permalink button on each post. If I am researching a topic, I can just drag the permalink to a directory or my desktop and then give it a name. If I want to reference the post in another post in another thread, I just copy and paste the permalink. So, having the permalink button for every post is actually more practical then having a bookmark button for the entire thread.

Just a thought.

~Bob
Added as a # of post link.

Return to “MultiCharts”