Abrupt loss of mapped ASCII data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
virginiatrader

Abrupt loss of mapped ASCII data

Postby virginiatrader » 22 May 2011

Good morning, all...

I am currently running MC7 beta3. I download EOD data in .csv format from Pinnacle Data Corp, and access it in MC through the ASCII mapping feature. I have never had a problem with the process until now, when I opened MC and waited for my charts to restore, and then...nothing. Each chart shows "No data".

I can see and open the .csv files using Excel, so I know the data is there. I have cleared the QuoteManager cache, deleted the files and re-mapped the data, deleted the charts within the workspaces and created new ones, and still "No data".

I have attached a shot of the MC workspace.

Annoying, to say the least.

Any thoughts?

virginiatrader
Attachments
MultiCharts-no ASCII data.png
(29.15 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

virginiatrader

Re: Abrupt loss of mapped ASCII data

Postby virginiatrader » 23 May 2011

Good morning, all...

Since my original posting regarding this problem, I had done nothing further in my recovery efforts towards re-enabling/re-accessing my mapped ASCII data. I ran my standard weekend workstation maintenance such as anti-virus and malware scans, and then shut down for the evening.

Imagine my surprise, when I turn the machine on this morning, log in to IB for a quick scan of the early morning markets, and start MC...my ASCII data is back. All the workspaces loaded, the multiple data streams, indicators and systems...as if a problem never existed.

I am still at a loss!

virginiatrader
Attachments
MultiCharts-ASCII data.png
(119.13 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

Stan Bokov

Re: Abrupt loss of mapped ASCII data

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 May 2011

It's possible that some other program interfered... or there was a glitch with your system. 95% of computer issues can be addressed with a reboot. If the problem reproduces consistently, and you can indicate the steps, please make an entry in the PM and we will look at it.

Return to “MultiCharts”