Use Sessions value to calculate Pivots, High, Low, studies  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Davito

Use Sessions value to calculate Pivots, High, Low, studies

Postby Davito » 01 Jun 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most US futures as well as Forex markets for the US open at 17:00 and close in general 16:59 the next trading day. So why does MulitCharts calculate their studies that use the midnight hours as the starting and ending times of a session?

For example, studies that use the previous trading session to calculate correctly those values for Pivot levels, previous days High, Low, Open, Close, intraday High, Low, etc. do not calculate correctly because they are making their calculations starting at 00:00 and ending 00:00 the next day and so the plot lines are placed at the work price levels.

I would like to see MultiCharts either change or add a feature for the trader to check a box that would have all studies use the input value used in the Sessions input field instead. For example: a trader wanted to set up a custom sessions, then that too would work and the indicator studies would use that custom sessions input value to make their calculations from.

I personally have set up the CME: FX Futures (GLOBEX) prebuilt input values that come with MultiCharts, because I trade the Forex 24 hour EUR/USD markets. I hope I make my point clear and others understand what I am asking for. Please consider this feature MultiCharts, thank you.

P.S. I chatted with tech support about this and they tried to set up the charts to calculate the studies the way I described here that I use, New Intraday HiLo, Floor Trader Pivots, OHLC Yesterday, to name a few. After tech support understood what I wanted, they informed me this couldn't be done and it would have to be custom programmed.

Again, it just makes sense to calculate these values from when a market really does open to when it closes to get a correct values to plot on the charts.

Stan Bokov

Re: Use Sessions value to calculate Pivots, High, Low, studi  [SOLVED]

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Jun 2011

Thanks for the suggestion Davito. You can also add this feature request to PM.

davito

Re: Use Sessions value to calculate Pivots, High, Low, studi

Postby davito » 08 Jun 2011

Thanks Stan for the reply, please direct me to PM, not sure what that is; with me being new to Multicharts.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Jun 2011

Hi Davito,
PM stands for Project Management which can be found under the "Support" 'button' in the header of the webpage or here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/.
On this page (https://www.multicharts.com/pm/reportissue.php) you can report your feature request so you can keep track of it and other users can vote for it to speed up it's implementation.

Regards,
Josh

davito

Postby davito » 08 Jun 2011

Thanks Josh, let me ask you this, is my question I asked about understandable of should I add some examples to it as well? Thanks again for the quick reply.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 09 Jun 2011

Hi Davito, I think you formulated your question well - personally I never use Pivots but your post made clear to me what you are asking. MultiCharts support also understands your request, so I think you can easily make this feature request without additional screens. Though if you have an clear example, adding that to the feature request never hurts. ;)

Besides that, if you made an feature request in the Project Management section, and at a later stage you would like to add an screenshot or link, you can easily do that by logging in and editing your request.

Regards,
Josh

Return to “MultiCharts”