OpenEntryPrice and OpenEntryProfit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
janus

OpenEntryPrice and OpenEntryProfit

Postby janus » 06 Jun 2011

I've accidentally came across these new keywords. They are OpenEntryPrice(n) and OpenEntryProfit(n), where n = 0, 1, 2, ...., OpenEntriesCount; and is an index to the open positions. These keywords are exactly what I wanted but wasted a lot of time trying to achieve the same results my own way before I noticed them. Yes, I am somewhat angry for wasting my time, but at the same time pleased to see them. New keywords should always be documented somewhere on the web as soon as they are released, be they beta or fully supported.

Now for my question, how reliable are these keywords? Are they fully supported and working properly? So far my tests show they provide correct results for my pyramid strategy.

Stan Bokov

Re: OpenEntryPrice and OpenEntryProfit

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Jun 2011

Dear janus,

Sorry for any inconvenience regarding the documentation - it's scheduled for release. The developers are saying that keywords should be functioning properly, unless you notice any bugs.

janus

Postby janus » 10 Jun 2011

Is there also an undocumented command to assign the initial market position at the Broker the same way as it is done currently via the MC app when this feature is enabled under Strategy Properties -> Auto Trading?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 10 Jun 2011

Is there also an undocumented command to assign the initial market position at the Broker the same way as it is done currently via the MC app when this feature is enabled under Strategy Properties -> Auto Trading?
You can use the ChangeMarketPosition to place a 'fake' order on your chart - this word is still undocumented. For all intents and purposes this will change your market position without sending anything to the broker, you can use it for 'assigning' an initial position on your chart. You can for instance check your market position and the broker, and then sync it up automatically with that keyword (you can also use the built in signal to do that).

janus

Postby janus » 20 Jun 2011

You can use the ChangeMarketPosition to place a 'fake' order on your chart - this word is still undocumented. For all intents and purposes this will change your market position without sending anything to the broker, you can use it for 'assigning' an initial position on your chart. You can for instance check your market position and the broker, and then sync it up automatically with that keyword (you can also use the built in signal to do that).
Thanks Stan. So all I have to do is set:
Strategy Properties
-> Auto Trading
--> Do not show the Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker dialogue
---> Assume the initial market position at the broker the SAME AS on the CHART

If so then I can use the average price and quantity that I save in a file each time an order is filled. It wouldn't now take much for you guys to automate all this so that when MC is restarted it picks up from where it left off from the last time. This will be a very useful option, with the proviso the user is prompted to accept or reject the assignment on start up, in case the user closed the positions manually.

Return to “MultiCharts”