IQFeeD vs. IB data time difference

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DRCM

IQFeeD vs. IB data time difference

Postby DRCM » 22 Jun 2011

Hello,

Have anybody experienced data time difference between IQFeed and IB? Today I`ve got IB data 41 sec ahead of IQFeed. MC and TWS restart doesn`t help to solve this problem.

Thanks

TJ

Re: IQFeeD vs. IB data time difference

Postby TJ » 22 Jun 2011

Hello,

Have anybody experienced data time difference between IQFeed and IB? Today I`ve got IB data 41 sec ahead of IQFeed. MC and TWS restart doesn`t help to solve this problem.

Thanks
are you referring to the time stamp? or the data delay?

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 23 Jun 2011

Sorry guys, all sorted now. just updated my pc time and MC with IB TWS shows identical time, or we can say almost identical , 2 sec. difference.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 Jun 2011

Thanks for the update.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 25 Jun 2011

ALWAYS synchorinise with a reliable Internet time server before turning on MultiCharts.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 25 Jun 2011

Stan,

Is it architecturaly possible to have an option in MC to (i) disregard the computer time and (ii) plot data as they come?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 25 Jun 2011

ALWAYS synchorinise with a reliable Internet time server before turning on MultiCharts.
Funny thing, I just this morning changed the frequency with which Windows synchronizes the time.

Perhaps this can be of use to other users as well:
1. Open Task Scheduler by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Task Scheduler.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. After entering Administrative tools and going into task scheduler, there is a drop down list in the bottom pane. Use the slider to the right to get to it. It should be the 3rd window down.Use the slider on that window and go down to "synchronize time". Double click on the line for that, and it will open a three pane window. click once on "Synchronize..." (that's all that will show of "Synchronize Time"). in the right pane, click "Properties".

Click once on that and it will open "SynchronizeTime Properties (Local Computer). Choose the "Triggers" tab . The default is "Weekly - Every Sunday at 1:00 am". Highlight that and click the "edit" button at the bottom of that pane. A new window titled "Edit Trigger" will open. Select the fill-in bubble "daily" in the "settings" section, and set to the wished time interval.
Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 4729ca7d32

By using the Windows Task Planner there is no need to install a program which syncs the pc clock and it's also possible to define the interval with which the time get synced.

Regards,
Josh

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 25 Jun 2011

Thank you, Josh.

One less chore before the trading day begins!

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Jun 2011

Stan,

Is it architecturaly possible to have an option in MC to (i) disregard the computer time and (ii) plot data as they come?
Theoretically, yes. But we'd have to go on some 'internal' clock, otherwise where do we display the received data?

Return to “MultiCharts”