MBT order issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
nsymms

MBT order issues

Postby nsymms » 23 Jun 2011

First off, I love MC. It's far superior to its competitors.

However I use MBT as my broker and there are some issues with orders.

1. If I have open orders and MBT disconnects and reconnects (as it does at least once or twice a day -- usually at 4pm central), then I get duplicate orders and another order marker on the chart for each order. I look in the MC order window and the new orders have the same broker order ID as the original one. I try to cancel the new orders but of course since they have the same order ID, the first cancel command will cancel the real order, then the others fail with "Unable to find order" from MBT. A restart of MC removes the phantom orders. I can easily work around this issue, but it clutters up my charts sometimes. :)

2. Related to #1, the error message is actually "Unable to find order %s." Which I presume some programmer either left off an argument or made some other simple mistake.

3. Evidently MBT has some quirky rules about when day orders are allowed for Forex. MC should be aware of these (I'm not sure what they are). But often times I'll submit an order in MC and not change the Time In Force from Day to GTC. Then the order fails and I have to re-enter it. Not a big deal, but MC should be more aware of what the broker expects.

Screenshot of item #2 & 3:

Thanks
Neal

nsymms

Re: MBT order issues [Clarifications and a screenshot]

Postby nsymms » 23 Jun 2011

Note that I am using MC DT 7b4 and the orders that get duplicated are thus manually entered.

I have reproduced the problem just now. I simulated the broker disconnect by simply pulling out the ethernet cable from my computer. At the time I had 3 pending orders and 1 closed order (a buy / sell for USDJPY).

Strangely enough, the order that got duplicated was the closed USDJPY buy/sell. MC now shows 2 buys and 2 sells for the double loss. :( I pulled the cable again and only the USDJPY buy order was duplicated and is still pending. Note that there are only 2 order IDs with the broker but I get 9 rows in the MC order window. See the screenshots below.

PS. I am working with Andrew at customer support on this. Posting here for the community.

Stan Bokov

Re: MBT order issues

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 Jun 2011

Thanks for letting us know. Let's wait for a resolution from Andrew on this one.

gmoney

Postby gmoney » 30 Aug 2011

Any update for resolution of this? I am having similar issues.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 31 Aug 2011

In MCDT 7 and MultiCharts 7 a new system of symbol mapping was introduced. All outgoing orders and incoming confirmation go through this symbol mapping system, allowing users to send orders from charts that don't use data from their brokers, and see order updates on those charts. The Symbol Mapping system requires two entries for any symbol: 1) the 'native' redundant mapping which is the broker symbol mapped to itself (i.e. IB ESZ1 mapped to IB ESZ1) and 2) any custom mapping that you create (i.e. IQFeed @ES# mapped to IB ESZ0).

In your Order and Position Tracker you will see BOTH lines, for both sets of mapping. This accommodates the case where you may be trading from an IB chart and from an IQ chart at the same time, so we route updates both ways. This 'doubling' effect is VISUAL ONLY, you are not actually submitting more orders than needed. We are working on a different way to visualize that, maybe adding some filters or columns. For now, this behavior is considered normal, and you should not be alarmed.

gmoney

Postby gmoney » 31 Aug 2011

I realize I should have posted this in a different forum, I am not using MCDT. I will repost in the proper forum.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 31 Aug 2011

Thanks gmoney,

However, this is true for both programs.

Return to “MultiCharts”