AutoTrading don't resume after week end

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
faraz

AutoTrading don't resume after week end

Postby faraz » 05 Jul 2011

Hi,

I am running autotrading on MC zenfire and noticed that it require to close MC on weekend and then restart fresh MC on Monday session and then re-activate autotrading. Then it works fine other wise, It will stop working, it could not load data, trade, etc

Why is that?

Awaiting

Stan Bokov

Re: AutoTrading don't resume after week end

Postby Stan Bokov » 05 Jul 2011

Hi,

Could you be more specific? What is your MC version (exact build), what symbols are you autotrading and how many (please attach your workspaces), which signal are you using (please attach if non-standard) and please specify what exactly is going wrong. Is it turning off? Are the orders not going through? What exactly is not working and how do we reproduce it?

Generally speaking, there shouldn't be problems, at least none were experienced so far with the ZF connection.

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 07 Jul 2011

Hi,

in Strategy prpoperties / Properties "broker" you have:

Disable auto trading after xxx seconds on the connection loss

xxx is 120 by default, 9999 maximum.

During the week end, broker's connection should be lost, so you have to

(sometimes) shut down and re open Broker platform
shut down and re open MC
open all workspace
set autotrading on (hopefully one day this procedure will be more efficient, like in MT4. topic already discussed many time)

faraz

Postby faraz » 07 Jul 2011

Hi,

in Strategy prpoperties / Properties "broker" you have:

Disable auto trading after xxx seconds on the connection loss

xxx is 120 by default, 9999 maximum.

During the week end, broker's connection should be lost, so you have to

(sometimes) shut down and re open Broker platform
shut down and re open MC
open all workspace
set autotrading on (hopefully one day this procedure will be more efficient, like in MT4. topic already discussed many time)

I checked from MC chat support Henry and he told this setting is "If the connection is lost or broken-than MC will reconnect to the broker after the specified time"
so if we lost the connection then MC will re-connect in 120 seconds. I think increasing seconds to 9999 would not be a good idea.

Rest with ur reply i agree and request and think that MC should figure out some way around for week end DC problems.

Thanks

faraz

Postby faraz » 11 Jul 2011

Ok, This is a big problem. Every week I have to STOP autotrading, shutdown Multicharts and then re-start my autotrading on Monday. For handling One strategy it is possible but more than one strategy and accounts handling its a mess. i want you guys to do this;

1. Develop some way that Multichart re-start the work space automatically on specified day and time.

2. Develop some way that if i have checked the settings to always show window for Initial position at the broker, then it automatically enter all initial positions by it self.

3. further more due to this problem that we need to restart autotrading on every monday or after the holiday, All the live trading signals on the chart are lost so there should be a way as well to keep the previous live historical arrows on chart.

Your software needs quick additions to make it perfect for autotrading.

Your suggestion forum pm does not respond to suggestions so i better is if u instruct ur engineers for this urgent autotrading issues.

Awaiting

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Jul 2011

Thank you for your suggestions. If the entry is in the PM, we will review it.

faraz

Postby faraz » 11 Jul 2011

Thank you for your suggestions. If the entry is in the PM, we will review it.
ok check PM and reply my inquire over there.

Return to “MultiCharts”