DIVISA CAPITAL

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
khalaad

DIVISA CAPITAL

Postby khalaad » 07 Jul 2011

Divisa Capital e-FX Trading is worth a look.

No-fee API for 10K accounts, direct market access and Currenex data.

New Zealand regulators are even accessable via Skype!

Khalid

JoshM

Re: DIVISA CAPITAL

Postby JoshM » 07 Jul 2011

Looks interesting:
Q: How many currency pairs do you offer?
A: 33 currency pairs + spot Gold and Silver.

Q: Do you charge commissions?
A: Yes. Since we are a Direct Market Access (“DMA”) broker, we charge $3 per $100,000 to gain access to our core spreads from 9 top tier banks.

Q: Do you have a dealing desk?
A: No. Since we are a Direct Market Access (“DMA”) broker, we do not trade against our clients.

Q: What is the minimum contract size?
A: The minimum tradable contract size is 0.05 you can then increase you position size by 0.01 increments.

Q: What currencies can I fund my account with?
A: You can fund your account with USD, GBP, EUR, and AUD.
Source: http://www.divisafx.com/faq.html

Besides that, their spreads are (at this moment) not too bad. I couldn't find a source that stated that API access requires a $10k account.

Do you currently trade with them Khalaad? Are they 'good'?

But there's one 'little' disadvantage (from MC Support point of view) to adding this broker:
Q: I am a U.S. Resident. Can I open an account with Divisa Capital?
A: We do not accept U.S. clients at this time.

Since the US market is huge, and given that MC has US offices (so I guess it's a important market), I suppose this would make it less interesting for MC to pursue a connection with Divisa Fx).

An alternative might be to add Dukascopy JForex implementation in MC (PM issue 38) - there's already a working API for Dukascopy, and Dukascopy has also licensed their JForex platform to brokers in the US (besides serving non-US residents themselves) (source and source).

Just thinking aloud. :)

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 07 Jul 2011

But there's one 'little' disadvantage (from MC Support point of view) to adding this broker:
Q: I am a U.S. Resident. Can I open an account with Divisa Capital?
A: We do not accept U.S. clients at this time.

Since the US market is huge, and given that MC has US offices (so I guess it's a important market), I suppose this would make it less interesting for MC to pursue a connection with Divisa Fx).
At the moment the US market is huge. With the recently introduced regulations the quality of the US market (brokers, software, etc.) will be deteriorating in time and its size will be shrinking. Gamblers, pardon traders, will move to non-regulated or less regulated areas that give opportunity for earnings and hormones' rollercosters.

And to think that of all beautiful and tax-friendly places like Monaco, Cyprus, Dominikana, Dubai to mention a few, MC decided to move headquarters to the US ;)

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Jul 2011

There are no immediate plans to add the Jforex connection or the Divisa Capital connection. People can either commission the connection from us by paying our development costs, or purchase our API and perform the connection themselves.

Tresor

There are no immediate plans to add the Jforex connection or the Divisa Capital connection. People can either commission the connection from us by paying our development costs, or purchase our API and perform the connection themselves.
Anyway it might be worth to submit Divisa feature request, for future generations of MC users.

khalaad

I couldn't find a source that stated that API access requires a $10k account.

Josh,

Telephone Divisa USA on 312.789.4750 and ask.
Do you currently trade with them Khalaad? Are they 'good'?
Not yet, Josh. At the monent I am still talking to the New Zealand regulators (because RefcoFX still hurts), and doing my homework on the API.

What attracts me most to Divisa is Currenex data.
Not a problem, Stan. There are more than one ways to skin a cat!

Tresor

and doing my homework on the API.

What attracts me most to Divisa is Currenex data.
If I am correct it is fix protocol = no historic data available for backfill.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Jul 2011

I couldn't find a source that stated that API access requires a $10k account.

Josh,

Telephone Divisa USA on 312.789.4750 and ask.
Didn't mean to offend you, so sorry if it came across that way.

Just mentioned it since I couldn't find it, like I also could mention that I can't find the amount of historical data available with this FIX API (though I suspect Tresor is right), and also couldn't find what (if any) protection the funds deposited with Divisa have, and so on. So it was not meant to question your post, just an observation.

Have a great day, :)

Regards,
Josh

khalaad

and also couldn't find what (if any) protection the funds deposited with Divisa have, and so on.
At the monent I am still talking to the New Zealand regulators (because RefcoFX still hurts), and doing my homework on the API.
New Zealand is cilivised; and customer funds are kep in London. Significant, perhaps. But proper due diligence, and detailed technical homework, required.
Didn't mean to offend you, so sorry if it came across that way.
You did not, and no offence taken; at times even I am communicating in English I am thinking in another language, and misunderstandings result.

Khalid

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Jul 2011

Or you can wait/vote for us to add it for free. However, as I said there are no immediate plans to do this, as we feel there are other projects that will be more beneficial to the majority of our clients (increased functionality) and to us (increased license sales).
Not a problem, Stan. There are more than one ways to skin a cat!
Not too sure what you are referring to here, and I'm not familiar with this expression. However, in either case, the very wording doesn't seem appropriate.

khalaad

However, in either case, the very wording doesn't seem appropriate.
My apologies, Stan.

But I wrote nothing inappropriate, offensive, or aggresive. Indeed, "there's more than one way to skin a cat" is rather humorous, and simply means there is more than one way to acheive a result.
we feel there are other projects that will be more beneficial to the majority of our clients (increased functionality) and to us (increased license sales).
Certainly TS Support cannot even begin to start fulfilling every wish of every one of its users.

When there is sufficient demand, things get done. Did not Dukascopy become a Supported Data Feed in a rather unconventional way? Let us see how things develop; in my opinion (also expressed elsewhere) no broker is worth bending over backwards for.

Khalid

khalaad

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 07 Jul 2011

lol :-)
Trust me, Stan; It's a harmless American saying.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Jul 2011

I just personally don't like it that's all. It seems crude. This is off topic, and this will be the last post about it, but in the past a number of expressions about Jews and African-Americans were considered acceptable as well - not anymore. Even the famous 'rule of thumb' stems from a Roman law that permitted a man to beat his wife with a stick as long as it was not wider than his thumb. Cultural differences - for them it was absolutely normal, not so much for us nowadays. It's just my opinion.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 08 Jul 2011

a number of expressions about Jews and African-Americans were considered acceptable as well - not anymore.
And now we've added skins and cats to the list.

But let us not, dear friends, forget our dear friends the cuttlefish. Cattlefish should be on the list as well.

Couldn't resist, mate ;)

Stan Bokov

ahahah :)

Stan Bokov

Divisa Capital was kind of overshadowed by deep literary discussions. Khalaad - can you add a PM entry with a feature request?

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 08 Jul 2011

Khalaad - can you add a PM entry with a feature request?
Thank you.

Done; but the "Issue type" came out as a Bug. Sorry.

I just talked to Divisa USA on the telephone; the representative was certain the API will allow some history data, and therefore, semi-auto/auto systematic trading.

I know very little about APIs.

Khalid

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 12 Jul 2011

First this:
I just talked to Divisa USA on the telephone; the representative was certain the API will allow some history data, and therefore, semi-auto/auto systematic trading.
Then today this correction via email:
Khalid,

You were correct. There is no historical data available via the FIX API. However once you establish a connection, you can begin storing historical data. In reference to the the FSP, click here to learn more: http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp. The Dispute Resolution scheme can hear cases where there is a matter in dispute up to NZD$200,000 and can make a judgment accordingly.

Regards,
Tim
--
Divisa Capital
http://www.divisafx.com
It remains to be seen if the Dispute Resolution Scheme has any teeth.

Khalid

Return to “MultiCharts”