A friend may buy multicharts. A Question?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

A friend may buy multicharts. A Question?

Postby bowlesj3 » 16 Jul 2011

Hi,

The short question:
Is anyone using Traders Work Station and MultiCharts to chart various stock indexes (Canadian Market, U.S. market, etc). If so, what symbols are you using and how far back can they go (5 years, 10 years). I can use the symbol to call Interactive Brokers to get the feed subscription info and costs.

Reason for the question:
I have a friend who I am teaching how to read the market waves to time trade entry and exit. He will be part time. He may trade both stocks and mutual funds. If he gets MultiCharts and wants to include mutual funds he will need a good chart of the index that the fund closely tracks and using MultiCharts would obviously be a lot better than the Internet BigCharts approach. I do not use index charts but rather I only track the E-mini futures. I tried SPX yesterday but it was not showing up. Not sure if I use TSE300 for the Canadian Index and I do not have the subscription any more anyway.

Thanks,
John.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 16 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

tekram

Re: A friend may buy multicharts. Question.

Postby tekram » 16 Jul 2011

It is now $2/month for the indices with most data feed provider.
See http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p. ... entity=llc
Under market data, North America.
Market Data Revision - CBOE & OneChicago - CORRECTION

Please note that this communication in intended to correct the implementation date for the OneChicago subscription service from November 1, 2009 to December 1, 2009 as previously reported. We apologize for this error.

Continuing the recent trend in which market data vendors have begun to reorganize their quote services into a series of separate subscription offerings, the CBOE and OneChicago have each announced changes to their offerings which IB, as a re-distributor of this data, is obligated to reflect in the subscriptions made available to our clients. These changes, along with their scheduled implementation dates, are as follows:

CBOE
The CBOE has created a new subscription service titled Market Data Express Indices which will provide quotes for all CBOE proprietary and Standard & Poor's licensed indices (approximately 50, in aggregate). Both non-professiona l subscribers who currently obtain this data through the US Securities & Commodities Non-Professiona l Bundle and professional subscribers who obtain this data through the US Options Exchanges Professional subscription will need to subscribe to Market Data Express Indices prior to November 1, 2009 in order to ensure continuity of service. This new subscription will be provided free of charge through the remainder of 2009 after which point the monthly fee for all subscribers will be USD 2. It should also be noted that this change solely impacts index quotes and does not impact the subscription election for options.

OneChicago
OneChicago has created a new subscription service titled OCX.Data which will provide quotes for all OneChicago futures products. Both non-professiona l subscribers who currently obtain this data through the US Securities & Commodities Non-Professiona l Bundle and professional subscribers who obtain this data through the US Options Exchanges Professional will need to subscribe to OCX.Data prior to December 1, 2009 in order to ensure continuity of service. This new subscription is priced at 1 USD per month.

Interactive Brokers Market Data Services

bowlesj3

Re: A friend may buy multicharts. Question.

Postby bowlesj3 » 16 Jul 2011

Thanks tekram,

I have passed this link and your link to my friend. This will give him some starting info and he can take it from there.

John

JoshM

Re: A friend may buy multicharts. A Question?

Postby JoshM » 17 Jul 2011

Is anyone using Traders Work Station and MultiCharts to chart various stock indexes (Canadian Market, U.S. market, etc). If so, what symbols are you using and how far back can they go (5 years, 10 years). I can use the symbol to call Interactive Brokers to get the feed subscription info and costs.
Btw, the amount of historical data (incl. indexes) with IB is roughly one year back (for minute data and daily data).

Regards,
Josh

bowlesj3

Re: A friend may buy multicharts. A Question?

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Jul 2011

Thanks JoshM,

That is not bad to start. As we all know, it of course builds in the MC database over time too so it gets better. He can use bigcharts (which is the best internet charting I personally know of) to get a fix on the larger waves to start then use MC to drill down to the smaller waves at the times he wants to take entry or exit.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”