MULTICHARTS DT 7.0 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS DT 7.0 RELEASE

Postby admin » 16 Jul 2011

MultiCharts Discretionary Trader 7 has been released. Please find a more detailed description of major and minor improvements contained in this beta release of and download it.

Jim

Re: MULTICHARTS DT 7.0 RELEASE

Postby Jim » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Stan,

It's still not compatible with MB Desktop Pro. The message is "You are using an obsolete version of MB Trading. Please upgrade." My version of MB Desktop Pro is dated 1/2/2011.

Thanks.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 17 Jul 2011

Hi Stan,

It's still not compatible with MB Desktop Pro. The message is "You are using an obsolete version of MB Trading. Please upgrade." My version of MB Desktop Pro is dated 1/2/2011.

Thanks.
Hi Jim,

I've got the same error after upgrading MCDT to 7.0.66.400. After removing Desktop Pro and installing Desktop Release Candidate 11.8.0.36 (from http://www.mbtrading.com/mbtdesktop.aspx) it worked correctly.

Regards,
Josh

Jim

Postby Jim » 19 Jul 2011

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it works with the MB Desktop, but unfortunately not with the MB Desktop Pro.

However, I don't see why anyone would want to have Desktop when they can have Desktop Pro? Multicharts DT is still full of bugs, and until it's stable enough, I do not trust it enough to use for my actual trading. Because it is now not compatible with the Desktop Pro, I cannot even use the Multicharts DT on my demo account. Previous versions of DT works with the Desktop Pro but not the latest release.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Multicharts DT is a potentially wonderful product, and would not hesitate to use it once the bugs have been cleaned out.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Jul 2011

However, I don't see why anyone would want to have Desktop when they can have Desktop Pro? Multicharts DT is still full of bugs, and until it's stable enough, I do not trust it enough to use for my actual trading. Because it is now not compatible with the Desktop Pro, I cannot even use the Multicharts DT on my demo account. Previous versions of DT works with the Desktop Pro but not the latest release.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Multicharts DT is a potentially wonderful product, and would not hesitate to use it once the bugs have been cleaned out.
I haven't experienced any real bugs with MultiCharts DT, but perhaps I'm not using the features you use, haven't tested enough or I just got lucky so far. :) What kind of bugs did you experience?

I would rather use the Desktop version than the Desktop Pro version, since the latter hasn't been updated by MB Trading since February of this year. I wouldn't trust my trading with such an "old" version when the Desktop version got updated last month (with the assumption that the latest Desktop version is 'better' and more stable, which can be a big assumption with computer software ;) ).

Regards,
Josh

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Jul 2011

Step by step instructions on how to connect MBTrading to MC. - http://www.bigmiketrading.com/multichar ... ading.html

MultiCharts 7 supports the following versions of MBTrading Desktop Software (latest ones at the time of our release)

MbtDesktopPRO

Release Candidate
Version 2.0.0.50 - 18.7MB
Updated: 7/20/2011

MB Trading - MBT Desktop Pro (you will download a file called MbtDesktopPro_2.0.0.50_11.8.0.38_20110720_release. exe)

MbtDesktop

Current Release
Version 11.8.0.38 - 9.1MB
Updated: 7/15/2011

MB Trading - MBT Desktop (you will download a file called MbtDesktop_11.8.0.38_20110715_release.exe).

These are the latest versions of MBT software that you can have on your machine in order to have it work with MC7 out of the box.

Return to “MultiCharts”