MC7: Custom signals can't be added to a chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Filly

MC7: Custom signals can't be added to a chart

Postby Filly » 16 Jul 2011

I just updated to the MC7 official release (build 4510) and I can't add any signals or indicators that I've created to a chart! They are selectable either through the "add" function in the Format Objects window, or through the Insert Study window.... but when I click "OK", nothing happens. They don't show up on the chart or in the Format Objects window.

However, if I add one of the built-in indicators or signals, such as the Bollinger Bands LE signal, no problems.

When I first upgraded, the studies that were already on the charts showed up and had the "unverified" status. But once I removed them, they can't be added again.

The only unique thing about my system is that I'm using the specially made "MakeGCH_elapiver_152" update file for my Windows 7, Comodo Firewall protected system.

Any help would be great. I'm at a standstill.

Thanks!

sptrader

Re: MC7: Custom signals can't be added to a chart

Postby sptrader » 16 Jul 2011

Run "compile all uncompiled" in the power editor .. I noticed that only the built-in indicators seem to be compiled during install..

Filly

Postby Filly » 16 Jul 2011

Run "compile all uncompiled" in the power editor .. I noticed that only the built-in indicators seem to be compiled during install..
thanks but nearly all of my studies are compiled already. the problem is that they cannot be added to a chart.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Jul 2011

It worked for me, all of my custom studies work in MC7..if you have one that isn't proprietary , you can post it or send it to me and I'll try it.

_VADU

Postby _VADU » 17 Jul 2011

This method does not work, what to do?
Custom functions and indicators are not compiling

garp

Postby garp » 17 Jul 2011

Solution is here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8053&p=37284&hilit=compile#p37284

Please read the whole thread before installing

Filly

Postby Filly » 17 Jul 2011

Solution is here

Hello garp,

Unfortunately, this is NOT the solution to my problem. It may work for _VADU's problem, but if you read this whole thread, you'll see that I have a different problem altogether.

I am still unable to add a custom-built signal/indicator to any of my charts, all of which worked fine in MC6. Compiling is NOT the issue.

Thanks for your concern, though.

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Jul 2011

Solution is here

Hello garp,

Unfortunately, this is NOT the solution to my problem. It may work for _VADU's problem, but if you read this whole thread, you'll see that I have a different problem altogether.

I am still unable to add a custom-built signal/indicator to any of my charts, all of which worked fine in MC6. Compiling is NOT the issue.

Thanks for your concern, though.
what do you mean by cannot add...?
do you get an error message?
when you right click on the chart, can you select Format Indicators... ?
if yes, do you see any indicators listed? if yes, can you format any of the indicators?

Filly

Postby Filly » 17 Jul 2011

what do you mean by cannot add...?
do you get an error message?
when you right click on the chart, can you select Format Indicators... ?
if yes, do you see any indicators listed? if yes, can you format any of the indicators?
No, neither Format Indicators or Format Signals is selectable. It is like Laurentius explained in post #17 within the thread that Mr. garp pointed to above. However, I have tried both MakeGCH_elapiver_152 and MakeGCH_elapiver_153 and although they fix the compilation errors in the PL editor, nothing happens when the studies/indicators are added to a chart.

_VADU

Postby _VADU » 17 Jul 2011

No, neither Format Indicators or Format Signals is selectable. ... However, I have tried both MakeGCH_elapiver_152 and MakeGCH_elapiver_153 and although they fix the compilation errors in the PL editor, nothing happens when the studies/indicators are added to a chart.
remove, clean system and install the program again ... good tool,
but do not forget to export the file and save custom indicators and functions

JackR

Postby JackR » 17 Jul 2011

I'd temporarily uninstall Comodo and see what happens. Just disconnect from the Internet if you are concerned about virus problems. You will have to reconnect to test once you've uninstalled as MC has a protection scheme that checks the validity of your license on line. If it works at least you'll have identified the problem. You can then revert to a beta that worked and reinstall Comodo.

Jack

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Jul 2011

Filly,

Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely and help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”