MC 7 - New Help Included? - Videos?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JackR

MC 7 - New Help Included? - Videos?

Postby JackR » 17 Jul 2011

At some time during the beta process a question was asked about updating the embedded Help file which dates from MC5.5. We were told via this Forum (Stan Bokov) that MC was trying to get the Help updated but that a series of videos would be available with the release.

I did a search for "DOM" and a few other terms for the new features in the MC 7 Help, but got nothing so, I guess the Help did not get updated. Has anyone found the promised videos anywhere?

Jack

sptrader

Re: MC 7 - New Help Included? - Videos?

Postby sptrader » 17 Jul 2011

Yes, a video of the DOM & Chart Trader for sure would be helpful. I had to play with it with simulated data for a while, before I understood the basics of using it and how it interacted with the broker (IB)..
I'm sure there is much more to learn..I'd love to know every detail ..it's a great feature..
Last edited by sptrader on 14 Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Jul 2011

Dear Sirs,

We are working on the new video tutorials at the moment. They should be ready soon. Please feel free to ask us any questions regarding new functionality of MultiCharts. Thank you for understanding.

geizer

Postby geizer » 30 Jul 2011

Dear Sirs,

We are working on the new video tutorials at the moment. They should be ready soon. Please feel free to ask us any questions regarding new functionality of MultiCharts. Thank you for understanding.
Dave, Is there a PDF in the works?

Thanks,

geizer

Postby geizer » 14 Aug 2011

Dave?

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 Aug 2011

bump

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 25 Aug 2011

Dear Sirs,

This has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9048&p=42825&hilit= ... ide#p42825

We are working on new documentation. Updated Power Language reference guide will be released first.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 Aug 2011

We prefer to help our customers live and answer precise questions instead of writing a lot of general information in the manuals
From the answers I've read in similar posts bemoaning the lack of documentation, I would think it a good idea for MC to do away with all documentation and help files as it seems to be trivial and unimportant, and just have every user constantly monitor every post on this forum every single day and go to Live Chat with any and every question.
MultiCharts has become a very complex software and it is almost impossible to describe all the features in every detail.
Why try then? Just think of the work you'll save yourselves from describing all the long and complicated things that MC can do for new and old users. I hope Microsoft doesn't catch wind of this new business model.

Return to “MultiCharts”