Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Joerg

Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Joerg » 02 Aug 2011

Dear Sirs,

I do not autotrade with MC but have strategies running on it in realtime.

How can I see the orders and executions (which are generated in the charts) of these strategies in Position Tracker when I am not connected to a broker?

Thanks a lot.

Joerg

Stan Bokov

Re: Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Stan Bokov » 03 Aug 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently you cannot see them, as the OPT picks up only trades with an active broker connection. We may implement a 'simulated broker' that you would turn on and which would sim your trades. Then the information would be visible in the OPT.

Fu510n

Re: Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Fu510n » 18 Aug 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently you cannot see them, as the OPT picks up only trades with an active broker connection. We may implement a 'simulated broker' that you would turn on and which would sim your trades. Then the information would be visible in the OPT.
I anxiously await such a "simulated broker" (especially having seen you mention it here and on a recent BMT webinar). This would fully close the loop on my strategy testing capabilities and give me more confidence to actually "flip live" (which is to say, I will finally abandon NT even though I've already bought into using MC7 going forward).

PLEASE keep us posted! :)

Many thanks,
-Guy

Return to “MultiCharts”