Interfacing MC to Trading Technologies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
familytrading

Interfacing MC to Trading Technologies

Postby familytrading » 06 Aug 2011

Hi, I am a CTA and responsible for auto trading with Multicharts with Trading Technologies trading platform. I run a number of accounts at TS so getting data is not the issue. I downloaded the X_Trader Pro platform and started it. This is a Sim account from Trading Technologies. i want to test out my connection between MC and X_Trader and eventually a live account set up at a broker like MF Global.

What I have received from TT is as follows:

Member ID: TTSIM
Group ID: SIM
Trader ID: 001
Password: XXXXXXXX

Has anyone any ideas on how to interface MC to a simulation account to work out the various changes that can happen before I go live.

MC is asking for a number of items that don't seem to equate with what I have received from TT.

According to MC, I need the following information:

Server IP
Order Connection Settings
Password
Port: 0
SenderCompID
TargetCompID

The above would be for order connection setups

A similar one is for the Price connection Settings.

The whole plan is to trade an account from MF Global through MC. Maybe I can eliminate TT all together if anyone has had any luck trading an account at MF Global.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tresor

Re: Interfacing MC to Trading Technologies

Postby Tresor » 06 Aug 2011

Maybe I can eliminate TT all together if anyone has had any luck trading an account at MF Global.
Maybe I can help you a bit. Instead of eliminating TT try eliminating MF Global.

A glimpse at their statements indicates a bunch of idiots have been running this company for years. The company loses cash even on basic operations. A few facts from their yearly report http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.Fi ... U9MQ==&t=1
net loss in 2009: $69.7 million, net loss in 2010: $167.7 million, net loss in 2011: $154.4 million.

This company is already dead. The shareholders can't subsidize such a loss-bearing business for ever. Neither should you be subsidizing such a business by becoming their client :)

familytrading

Postby familytrading » 07 Aug 2011

thanks for the heads up but it is not my decision. I am a CTA and consequently, I have to figure out how to trade in an automated fashion at an account based where the client wants to base the trade. Consequently, I am trying to figure out a method of executing my trades from the MultiChart platform through some intermediary to MF Global.

If you have any ideas, that would be great.

Thanks

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 09 Aug 2011

Are you going through MF Global directly or through an IB? I clear MF Global but I use an IB that independently maintains its own TT servers. In my case, I would talk to the IB's tech people to get the correct settings. I do not use MultiCharts for automated trading - I just use it for charting, research and running models in real time which I execute manually.

chisound

Postby chisound » 09 Aug 2011

Hi Multicharts uses TT's FIX Adapter and not the X Trader API. You will need to get the demo account set up for the TT FIX Adapter and go from there.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 09 Aug 2011

@Familytrading.

With automated trading from MC through TT I can help you. But would not recommend to do it via FIX. There are to many problems with MC and FIX. I would recommend to do so via TT API. Of course you would need a Pro-License. But not for MC. I was working on a solution for a long time and have it running now in realtime.

I'm able to to run mechanical strategies in MC with 1000 symbols (tick-by-tick) with several systems and execute them in TT. And all without MC API. It's working with TS as well. You can watch my Youtube-channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/gboos?feature=mhee

If you have any further questions just contact me via PM.

Regards

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 28 Oct 2011

A glimpse at their statements indicates a bunch of idiots have been running this company for years.This company is already dead.
How I dislike to be right from time to time: http://forexmagnates.com/fall-mf-global ... ne-part-1/

I hope you guys didn't invest much time and money into relations with MF Global.

familytrading

Postby familytrading » 02 Nov 2011

I didn't and went directly with TS, but this brings up the point of having a back up to TS now. What brokers and what data services are easy to incorporate with MC to trade the E mini's and also some currencies (not Forex), metals, and oil. I desire to diversify my CTA/CPO business away from one broker data provider.

Good call on MF Global over 3 months ago. Too bad I didn't short the stock.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 02 Nov 2011

What brokers and what data services are easy to incorporate with MC to trade the E mini's and also some currencies (not Forex), metals, and oil.
IQ for data feed. IB as a broker; IB has acceptable financial standing (at the moment).
Good call on MF Global over 3 months ago.
Downgrading MF Global to junk by leading rating agencies should have been done at least 6 months ago. I am scratching my head to understand what the rating agency guys are paid for.
Too bad I didn't short the stock.
If I can make an advice from my own experience: NEVER base your trades on fundamental analysis. Fundamental analysis is far worse for timing the trades than technical analysis.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 16 Nov 2011

Even Celente allowed himself to get screwed: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/euro-gold ... d%E2%80%99

Return to “MultiCharts”