Stop Loss

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
azz

Stop Loss

Postby azz » 16 Aug 2011

I trade with MBTrading.

I am a scalper/daytrader.

How do I set a disaster stop loss in MCDT in case my internet connection lost.

I don not want to set it after every trade since I hold each trade for a very short period.

Stan Bokov

Re: Stop Loss

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Aug 2011

You mean a Stop order that is not tied to any position? Generally you can specify the Time in Force for your stop orders, and they are stored on the broker servers. You can try specifying a Good-Til-Cancelled or Day IF and see if MB Trading will accept that.

However, you can just auto-attach an exit strategy with a stop order to every order that you place, every time you place an order.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Aug 2011

For the record, same response to the same question here - http://www.bigmiketrading.com/multichar ... post146131

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2011

Thanks Stan.

Postby 2001 » 01 Sep 2011

Подскажите ,пожалуйста!Я хочу,чтобы после открытия позиции стоп-лосс автоматически выставился на определённом расстоянии и потом,после перехода позиции в плюс,этот стоп-лосс автоматически переставился на нужное мне количество пунктов в плюс и больше не передвигался за ценой,а стоял на одном месте,даже если профит увеличивается.Если мне будет нужно,я его сам передвину вручную.Как это сделать?Спасибо!

Postby 2001 » 01 Sep 2011

Please help. After opening a position I want to have an automatically attached Stop Loss on a certain level, after the position turns to profit, this stop loss should move to the specified number of pips and stop moving after the price even if the profit is increasing. I will move it manually in case I need that.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Sep 2011

In the DOM window you can make a right click on the Stop loss exit strategy, click on Edit and specify the amount of loss. You can also auto attach it as exit strategy. In this case when you open a position, stop loss will be automatically attached at the specified level.

Postby 2001 » 05 Sep 2011

How the "Amount of profit" is calculated?
1)[Amount of profit]=[The Last Price]-[The Open Price],
or:
2)The Buy Position: [Amount of profit]=[Bid] - [The Open Price],
The Sell Position: [Amount of profit]=[The Open Price] - [Ask] ?
Thanks.

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2011

In the DOM window you can make a right click on the Stop loss exit strategy, click on Edit and specify the amount of loss. You can also auto attach it as exit strategy. In this case when you open a position, stop loss will be automatically attached at the specified level.
Can you explain how to auto attach.

Thank you

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Sep 2011

How the "Amount of profit" is calculated?
1)[Amount of profit]=[The Last Price]-[The Open Price],
or:
2)The Buy Position: [Amount of profit]=[Bid] - [The Open Price],
The Sell Position: [Amount of profit]=[The Open Price] - [Ask] ?
Thanks.
The "Amount of profit" is calculated in this way:
The Buy Position: [Amount of profit]=[Bid] - [The Open Price],
The Sell Position: [Amount of profit]=[The Open Price] - [Ask]
Can you explain how to auto attach.

Thank you
Please make a right click on the Exit strategy on the manual trading pannel or in the DOM and select "Auto attach as exit strategy". See the screenshot attached
Attachments
auto attach.png
(29.16 KiB) Downloaded 814 times

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2011

Thanks Henry

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Sep 2011

Thanks Henry
remember to use the Thanks button to let someone know you found their post helpful.

Return to “MultiCharts”