FOREX setup of Multicharts, eSignal, FXCM broker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
teo

FOREX setup of Multicharts, eSignal, FXCM broker

Postby teo » 07 Sep 2011

I'm setting up automated trading with eSignal and FXCM and whenever I put a trade on it is rejected.

From Multicharts I can see my account balance at FXCM so the connection between the two seems to be working.

I'm starting to believe that since the eSignal code for currencies includes other letters besides the currency itself, i.e. "AUDCAD A0-FX", "EUR A0-FX" the orders are rejected because there is a mismatch of currency codes.

Anyone else with this set up ?

oliveagle

Re: FOREX setup of Multicharts, eSignal, FXCM broker

Postby oliveagle » 09 Sep 2011

I met a lot of "Rejected" too.
still working on it...

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Sep 2011

Dear Sirs,

Please make sure that Symbol Mapping is cofigured correctly. Connect FXCM broker profile, right click on it and go to Symbol Mapping. There you should choose correct symbol from eSignal (or other data provider) in Chart Symbol column by clicking on "..." button and create a line in Broker Symbol column by clicking on "edit" button. For example correct FXCM symbol for "AUDCAD A0-FX" is AUD/CAD.

If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri netween 6:30 AM and 1 PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely and help you.

teo

Postby teo » 18 Sep 2011

Hi, I got the mapping worked out, the other error that I'm getting now is that when I press the "Buy At Market " button it tries to buy 10000 EUR/AUD @ 0.000000.

So I need to set something up somewhere but I don't know where.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2011

Hello Teo.
Please attach the screenshot of the symbol mapping window for further investigation.

teo

Postby teo » 19 Sep 2011

Hi, I got things worked out. My broker platform FXCM allows only 20 symbols to be traded at a time.

I was trying to trade a symbol out of Multicharts that was not in the FXCM list. I'm all in synch now, and the trades work well. I've attached the work document to show the rejected orders.

So it means that if I want to run a strategy on 30 symbols then I need to get 2 accounts with FXCM.

The other problem that I am having is that when I sell/buy, then close the position I get 2 positions left in FXCM, so somehow the closing order is not matched to the opening order.

How do I fix this ?
Attachments
order_rejected.doc
doc shows rejected orders
(172.5 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Sep 2011

Please check that this symbol is selected in FXCM trading station.
Make sure you can send orders on this symbol from FXCM trading station.

teo

Postby teo » 20 Sep 2011

Thanks, is there a resolution for the second part of my last post ..

"The other problem that I am having is that when I sell/buy, then close the position I get 2 positions left in FXCM, so somehow the closing order is not matched to the opening order.

How do I fix this ?"

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Sep 2011

Please check that hedging is disabled for your FXCM account.
FXCM Trading Station->Accounts window->Accounts with enabled hedging will have "H" letter or "Hedging" word.
It can be the source of the issue.

teo

Postby teo » 18 Dec 2011

Thanks, for all your help, I have another question regarding the bid/ask/trade setup.

It seems that if I set up Data1 to be the ASK prices and Data2 the BID prices, the Data1 stream does not seem to have history in it. Data2 does have history in it. I'm working with FOREX, and I have setup QuoteManager to collect all data in the "Fields to collect" dialog box.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Dec 2011

Thanks, for all your help, I have another question regarding the bid/ask/trade setup.

It seems that if I set up Data1 to be the ASK prices and Data2 the BID prices, the Data1 stream does not seem to have history in it. Data2 does have history in it. I'm working with FOREX, and I have setup QuoteManager to collect all data in the "Fields to collect" dialog box.
eSignal provides historical data for forex symbols:
Ask(Tick), Bid(Tick,Min,Day), Trade(Tick).
Tick-by-tick 60 days back, 12+ years of minute-based and daily historical data

What field and resolution are you plotting?
What is the data range?

justmake

Postby justmake » 29 May 2012

When I am running strategy from MC to FXCM, I encounter the attached error message.
Saying I was trying to close position with 0 contract of EURUSD @ 0.00000 (please see attached screenshot).

This problem seems only occurs in real-time , not in backtest. Also it only happen when the strategy is trying to close the position, not when it's opening the position.

I doubled checked the strategy in MC, there is no way the contract number is 0 because I specify the number of contract already.

Anybody has insight about this?

Datafeed provider is esignal, FXCM is FXCM UK demo account (with hedging functionality).
Attachments
positiontrackererror.gif
(114.93 KiB) Downloaded 1379 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2012

When I am running strategy from MC to FXCM, I encounter the attached error message.
Saying I was trying to close position with 0 contract of EURUSD @ 0.00000 (please see attached screenshot).
This problem seems only occurs in real-time , not in backtest. Also it only happen when the strategy is trying to close the position, not when it's opening the position.
I doubled checked the strategy in MC, there is no way the contract number is 0 because I specify the number of contract already.
Anybody has insight about this?
Datafeed provider is esignal, FXCM is FXCM UK demo account (with hedging functionality).
Hello Justmake,

This issue can be caused by hedging which is not supported in MultiCharts. Please try your strategy on an account without hedging functionality.

justmake

Postby justmake » 29 May 2012

Thanks!it seems the problem was solved!

thomaslowell

Postby thomaslowell » 02 Aug 2012

I downloaded plug-in for FXCM. Installation is no problem. I started eSignal as instructed, and I configured eSignal for integrated trading as instructed. I started FxCM TS. Everything is OK so far. But when I double-click a bid/ask price on Eur A0-FX in eSignal quote window, nothing happens?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Aug 2012

I downloaded plug-in for FXCM. Installation is no problem. I started eSignal as instructed, and I configured eSignal for integrated trading as instructed. I started FxCM TS. Everything is OK so far. But when I double-click a bid/ask price on Eur A0-FX in eSignal quote window, nothing happens?
Please describe what is the issue exactly. Attach a full sized screenshot of the chart demosntrating the issue.

Are you unable to place an order? If yes then have you setup the symbol mapping?

justmake

Postby justmake » 05 Aug 2012

Based on your description , it seems you are trying to place an order through esignal.
In that case, it might not be a problem of MC, you might need to test connection within esignal with your broker.

Return to “MultiCharts”