Automated Trading: Order and Position Tracker Question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
furytrader

Automated Trading: Order and Position Tracker Question

Postby furytrader » 08 Sep 2011

I am doing some experimentation with automated trading through my broker (FuturePath), which uses Trading Technologies for their back-end trade processing. I know - famous last words!

Using MultiCharts v7.0 (Build 4510), I've been able to easily connect to their TT servers, and I have been successful in generating simple orders using EasyLanguage that appear both on the MultiCharts chart and in FuturePath's front-end trading platform (which I run off a separate computer). The ease at which we set up the connection was actually a lot better than I expected. It's really cool.

I have one question: in the attached screenshot, I show the Order and Position Tracker Window which is configured to show only pending and filled orders.

I wrote a very simple code that sent a 1 lot limit order to buy the CBOT e-Dow at 11305 (far from the market this morning). In the screenshot, though, it appears as though there are four orders (although, according to FuturePath and on the MultiCharts chart and DOM, there is only one order).

Is that a glitch or am I misinterpreting something?
How would we go about having it show just the one order?

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.
Attachments
Order and Position Tracker.gif
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

JoshM

Re: Automated Trading: Order and Position Tracker Question

Postby JoshM » 08 Sep 2011

Is that a glitch or am I misinterpreting something?
How would we go about having it show just the one order?
As far as I know, this is expected behaviour (see for example this thread, where there are double entries).

I have the same behaviour - four Order and Position Tracker for each transaction (though sometimes two), but was told by Support Chat that this is expected behaviour, and that they where working on a solution for this. Don't have an ETA for that though.

At least it's not a bug or a problem related specifically to your setup. :)

Regards,
Josh
Attachments
doubleAndQuatroOrders.PNG
(47.05 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 08 Sep 2011

Thank you for sharing this. I hope that they can get this fixed soon (both the visualization aspect as well as the issue with the "Get Flat" button).

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

Dear Sirs,

Issue with Flatten Everything will be fixed in MC 7.01. As for doubled orders visualization issue, we will add original symbol name in brackets to reduce confuison.

Return to “MultiCharts”