Newbie question: chrat template

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gogetit

Newbie question: chrat template

Postby gogetit » 09 Sep 2011

Hi,
First time user of the app, and I got somewhat basic question. Is it possible to save several chart template (including studies, formats, etc) and then apply them, so I don't have to format my new charts all over again?
Thanks.

TJ

Re: Newbie question: chrat template

Postby TJ » 09 Sep 2011

Hi,
First time user of the app, and I got somewhat basic question. Is it possible to save several chart template (including studies, formats, etc) and then apply them, so I don't have to format my new charts all over again?
Thanks.
There are 2 way you can do it:

1. File > Copy Window
This operation will make a duplicate chart for you, including all the indicators and drawing objects on the original chart. You can then change the instrument on the new chart to whatever you want.

2. Format > Study Template
This operation will save the chart's indicators as a template,
you can set it as default, all the new charts you create subsequently will have the same indicators and settings,
or,
after you have created a chart, you can apply the template and the chart will have all the indicators of the template.

Hope this helps.

gogetit

Postby gogetit » 13 Sep 2011

Thanks, it did work! Is it possible to save templates for Market Scanner as well?

Also, is it possible to load a list of instrument into the Market Scanner (instead of entering them one by one)?

Thanks again for the reply and the help.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Sep 2011

Is it possible to save templates for Market Scanner as well?

Also, is it possible to load a list of instrument into the Market Scanner (instead of entering them one by one)?
Your market scanner window will save the applied studies when you save the workspace and open it again with that window. There are no explicit templates for the scanner. Saving workspaces and reusing the same window is the best way to go.

When you are adding symbols, in the Insert Instrument menu (where you see the list of symbols), click on the first one in the range you want to add, hold down SHIFT, and click on the last one in your desired range. This will select a whole bunch of symbols. Click OK and it will add them all at once.

You can also right click on the column heading in the Scanner and choose Show Row Selector for easier viewing and organizing. You can then select rows just like in Excel using the same SHIFT button and cut/paste or delete.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Sep 2011

Thanks, it did work!
Remember the Thanks button is there so you thank people for posts you find helpful :)

Return to “MultiCharts”