TradingView - our new project for sharing charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

TradingView - our new project for sharing charts

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Sep 2011

Hi everyone,

We launched a new web service called TradingView – it’s a place to share your charts and show other traders exactly what you mean, and it's completely free. Draw your ideas on desktop-quality charts and share with one click. Unlike posting static screenshots you can embed the chart in any web resource like a YouTube video and it will stay interactive – quotes will update and users can drag it around and make it larger. You can also follow people and rate the ones you like on the site. We use non-delayed stock data from BATS.

You can embed the charts into any place on the web including any forum. Here's a chart posted by BigMike and what it looks like in ours.

We are inviting everyone to register and share your ideas about the stock market - share your knowledge with those who are new or don't know as much as you. We are in the process of extending it to Forex, futures, and creating a MarketPlace. You can go to the site here http://www.tradingview.com

Simply put tags of "[chart]" and "[/chart]" without the quotations around the unique URL piece of any chart to embed in the forum. Let us know what you think and how we can improve it!

Stan Bokov

Re: TradingView - our new project for sharing charts

We would like to see as many members post as many charts as possible, especially in the early stages of the project. Explore, play around, share - let's create some activity!

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Sep 2011

Nice website. :) And it gets quite interesting when reading on. From the FAQ:
(..) we plan to eventually create a complete online trading platform that supports automated, chart and DOM trading, backtesting and portfolio backtesting with the use of cloud computing – one that is available through any browser and will work on any computer and operating system.
That's huge! :) But I can't help but wonder: what does that mean for the future development of MultiChats? Is that also the way you envision MultiCharts will take in the future, possible integrating with TradingView at some point?

From the about us:
TradingView is an innovative venture by a group of developers and traders with experience of building trading software, who share a vision that trading technology should be easy, powerful and accessible to everyone.
Is TradingView a separate venture from MultiCharts, or are the MultiCharts engineers also working on TradingView? Even though TradingView looks very interesting, my first "worry" is "I hope no MultiCharts engineers will work on this, since I'd hate it if MC track record of quick updates and new versions would be broken". This because it seems to me, especially with the 'feature wishlist', an awful lot of work. Will this new site have any implications for the (speed of) development of MC?

Best regards and success with this new venture, :)

Josh

Stan Bokov

It's a separate venture meant for the public, no MC resources will be compromised in this development. The plans listed in the FAQ are far-off, nothing like that has been done yet. The charts are the first step, we may integrate with MC in some way for sharing in the future. You should add some charts and give us feedback.

geizer

Postby geizer » 12 Sep 2011

TradingOpinion would be more accurate :)

Good luck with the venture.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Oct 2011

There is a new widget that can be built into any site or personal blog (and it's free :) ) - https://www.tradingview.com/widget/. This streams real-time data and shows an interactive chart.

You can also publish ticking charts instead of screenshots. A chart like this - https://www.tradingview.com/e/jTbvVGWm/ when you click Publish you can do a picture/live-chart.

If anyone here uses Big Mike's I would appreciate if you posted a chart or two there to make people aware of this free service. I don't want to do it, since I am listed as a vendor, and that would be self-promotion (sort of). It's free but still. Thanks for your help.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Oct 2011

Anyone?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Oct 2011

Anyone?
Well, I've posted one, but it's not very rewarding to display a static png file in a post on BMT, since the [iframe] ..[/iframe] code for the real-time dynamic chart is (understandably) not supported on BMT. Then the beauty and appeal of the chart, which are somewhat time consuming to make 'pretty', are lost.

Btw, it was also time consuming to think of a 'normal' usage (meaning no hidden spam message) in a forum discussion, since most discussions on BMT are centred around forex pairs and futures, both which aren't yet available in TradingView.

But I'm not a discretionary trader and don't talk stocks, so I'm not the targeted audience for this. :)

Stan Bokov

Anyone?
Well, I've posted one, but it's not very rewarding to display a static png file in a post on BMT, since the [iframe] ..[/iframe] code for the real-time dynamic chart is (understandably) not supported on BMT. Then the beauty and appeal of the chart, which are somewhat time consuming to make 'pretty', are lost.
They are not? I was pretty sure they are.

Stan Bokov

Thanks for your efforts Josh.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Oct 2011

They are not? I was pretty sure they are.
Doesn't look that way, sadly.

Though I don't trade off my (discretionary) opinions, I like watching GS:

(Embeddings works good here. :) )

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Oct 2011

This is a completely new thing for me. Is there a simple set of instructions we can use to estimate how long it will take to get up and running with this (a little bit at least). At present if it is more than one hour I probably have to delay looking at it. Kind of crunched for time these days (always the looming to-do list I can never keep up with).

Maybe the instructions could be called
"Getting started with ???? in 30 minutes - step by step guide to your first entry (or whatever)."

Maybe a list of what you can do would get people interested too. Something simple like a short sentence or paragraph for each feature. If the estimated learning time is at the front of each feature that could make people jump in faster. If they see 3 minutes rather than their imagined 3 hours it may help.

tremil

Postby tremil » 18 Nov 2012

Would it be possible to connect tradingview real-time data to Multicharts ?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 Nov 2012

TradingView uses Barchart data. Barchart is also a supported data feed in MultiCharts, you can sign up with them for a feed.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 19 Nov 2012

Hi,

I just started to use TradingView. There is a tool called brush in it. That would be a fantastic tool for MC. It's easy to make a fast drawing and have it saved on the chart. Could it be implemented in MC?

lekrus

Postby lekrus » 15 Feb 2013

Hello.
Please help sort out this issue:
https://getsatisfaction.com/tradingview ... arts-l3k1p

Return to “MultiCharts”