Master Strategy

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trigon

Master Strategy

Postby trigon » 27 Sep 2011

Hello,

may I ask what exactly is master strategy for and how to use it? I didn't find any manual to this... All manuals are for the older versions (not v.7).

I hope I just didn't created the double post of some kind but I didn't find the answer for master strategy here.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Master Strategy

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2011

Hello Trigon.
The Master Exit Strategy is a multi-level strategy where all components interact closely with one another. Multiple bracket levels, trailing stops, breakevens, and all levels may be set so they are constantly synced with one another. It’s an essential tool for scaling-in and scaling-out of positions and for pyramiding positions.

This strategy cannot be combined with any other exit strategies because it incorporates all of them. Only one Master Exit strategy may be set per chart. Define the entire exit system before entering a position, planning it all out ahead. Set multiple bracket levels (which are made up of multiple stop losses and profit targets) and define breakeven and trailing stop levels.

The key functionality of the Master strategy (aside from piecing all components and predetermining levels in advance) is that all levels are constantly synced. If, for instance, some contracts are transferred from one bracket level to another, the same adjustment will be made automatically on the other side of the bracket as well. If there is a partial fill, then the other side will adjust accordingly. If an entire level is cancelled, the strategy will get rid of all unnecessary components, allowing the trader to focus on the market.
You can read more about the Entry and Exit Strategies here.

trigon

Postby trigon » 27 Sep 2011

Thanks alot :-)

Tomas

Postby Tomas » 09 Mar 2012

How can i predefined break-even and trailing stops level for master strategy?
When I use it BE trigger is set to plus one tick and i get immediatly stopped out.
Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Mar 2012

How can i predefined break-even and trailing stops level for master strategy?
When I use it BE trigger is set to plus one tick and i get immediatly stopped out.
Thanks
Hello Tomas,

That is expected behavior.
Bracket strategy values are based on the average entry price.
Average Price in Order and position tracker window->Open positions tab can be more accurate than the entry price on the chart or in the DOM as it includes commission. In this case the Profit Target value is rounded up, and the Stop Loss is rounded down.
We consider using “average fill price” provided by the broker as the most appropriate way in case of partial fills. For example if 10 contract order is partially filled with different prices.

Return to “MultiCharts”