64 bit MC, how long?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
t-rader

64 bit MC, how long?

Postby t-rader » 06 Oct 2011

Hi MC,

How long till we'll see a 64bit version of MC?

I remember reading it was going to be released not long after version 7.....

I'm really hanging out for this.

Cheers,

sptrader

Re: 64 bit MC, how long?

Postby sptrader » 06 Oct 2011

They said 64 bit before the end of the year..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Oct 2011

Hello Sirs.
MultiCharts 64bit is expected later this year.
Unfortunately there is no firm ETA at the moment.

mefTrader

Postby mefTrader » 12 Oct 2011

Henry,

the beta version of MC 7 takes alot of memory expecially tsServer.exe...

the latest version that has optimal memory is MC 7.0? or another version?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Oct 2011

The latest version with best memory optimizaztion is MC 7.1 beta 1

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 14 Oct 2011

TradingServer.exe consume more CPU than MC itself. I beleive because of the stop order that update every tick with IOG. The problem is severe in fast market, if your stop is hit and need to send the confirmation back to MC. If you tick convert stop to Mkt order you will receive 2 execution. Even i use update only at closing (barstatus =2), problem still persist.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Oct 2011

PricePuzzle,

Please send your workspace as well as the snippet of your code to support@multicharts.com so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 16 Oct 2011

2.png
(111.42 KiB) Downloaded 2718 times
1.1.png
(75.85 KiB) Downloaded 2711 times
Hi Dave,

My coding is nothing complicate. These are what i doubt.
1) There are too many server programs (5!) running as in pic 1.1.
1.1)ATServer
1.2)Studyserver
1.3)FXCMServer
1.4)TSserver
1.5)TradingServer
I think these program are overlapped in some area. In fast market, FXCM and trading server take almost 40% of my CPU.
Multicharts as calculation program take 30% which is less than servers.

2) Result of these 5 programs create 2 logs as in Open positions and Orders page in OPT (pic.2), although execution is correct (only 1 execution). That why i think there is an overlap area.

3) I try to put all communication keywords i.e. Mkt position at broker, xxx at broker to closing tick (barstatus = 2).

4) I remove the stop order and change to Market order and uncheck the option to convert unfilled order.

Will see the result on Monday for (3) and (4). The problem is how to make Orders first priority in server communication.
=================================
Update on (3) and (4) really help on Multicharts and FXCMserver CPU consumption. But could not help in TradingServer. As in pic 1.1 it takes 30%. However total CPU is reduces from 100% to 60 to 80% range.

I think this can confirm that TradingServer CPU is isolated from the code.

Please comment if there is any setting to reduce TradingServer CPU comsumption. I still prefer to use IOG and convert unfilled order if CPU is not overloaded.

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 18 Oct 2011

3.png
(106.11 KiB) Downloaded 2704 times
At the openning of Europian market, my strategy trigger and hold total 6 instruments. TradingServer now take 72% of my CPU.

If the main purpose of TradingServer is for tracking the order (not trigger). I want to disable the tracking. It does not make sense to spend 70% CPU for the activities that can not make any profit.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Oct 2011

PricePuzzle,

There is no way to disable TradingServer tracking as it is a part of the normal operation of the program. We still need to reproduce the issue on our end to find out if it is the code or TradingServer CPU usage that should be optimized.

If you do not want to send us your original code, please change it or create another similar script that will cause the issue on your end. Thus, we can investigate the issue and make corrections to the code or optimize the way TradingServer works.

PricePuzzle

I already sent the code. Please inform your result.
1) As i suggest, the problem occur only when you have positions on hand with some (5-6 )instruments with FXCM account.

2) For optimize code, please inform what keyword that has effect on TradingServer. I already try xxx at broker and put calculation at closing tick, but could not help.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Oct 2011

Result of these 5 programs create 2 logs as in Open positions and Orders page in OPT (pic.2), although execution is correct (only 1 execution). That why i think there is an overlap area.
This is normal behavior. Such visualization is a result of Symbol Mapping feature used when your data feed and broker are not the same.

garp

Postby garp » 18 Oct 2011

3.png
At the openning of Europian market, my strategy trigger and hold total 6 instruments. TradingServer now take 72% of my CPU.

If the main purpose of TradingServer is for tracking the order (not trigger). I want to disable the tracking. It does not make sense to spend 70% CPU for the activities that can not make any profit.
Check the size of the logs. If it's too big - disable it. This will decrease CPU usage dramatically.

PricePuzzle

Hi garp,

Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me how to disable the logs? Do you mean the logs in OPT? I already checked in OPT windows did not find anything to disable it.

It's become crazy. Yesterday the tracking process need 3 hrs to confirm order filled process as in attached pic. Luckily i do not enable convert unfilled order. The spread of AUDUSD is normal (i use bid price). So i think the order sent to broker on time. Only the tracking process is holding the confirmation.

I do not think it caused by internet connection because i use FXCM 3rd party server (FXcolo.com) which is set up for FXCM client.
Picture1.png
(390.77 KiB) Downloaded 2714 times

garp

Postby garp » 19 Oct 2011

Hi garp,

Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me how to disable the logs? Do you mean the logs in OPT? I already checked in OPT windows did not find anything to disable it.

It's become crazy. Yesterday the tracking process need 3 hrs to confirm order filled process as in attached pic. Luckily i do not enable convert unfilled order. The spread of AUDUSD is normal (i use bid price). So i think the order sent to broker on time. Only the tracking process is holding the confirmation.

I do not think it caused by internet connection because i use FXCM 3rd party server (FXcolo.com) which is set up for FXCM client.
Picture1.png

No, I mean MC logs which located in multicharts folder. I had similar problem with high tradingserver CPU usage. The process wrote to logs more than 1,5 gb of data in a half a day in IOG mode. I disabled logs and CPU usage decreased seriously. Ask support for logs disabling reg file.

Check the size of tradingserver logs in the following folder: user-appdata-local-tssupport-multicharts-7.1.4695.201-logs-tradingserver

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 19 Oct 2011

Thanks a lot!
For 3 days, i got logs "ATOrderController_Trace.txt" 2.1G !!!!
No matter how fast is your CPU, it is hard to update this file every ticks! End of the month i will got 30+G logs which can full my VM hard disk.

Since the beginning, i already pointed out that there is something wrong with TradingServer. This can be complained that MC should check first on their end not the user with "REAL" money.

I will contact live chats right a way.

Thank again garp.
Attachments
Picture2.png
(118.77 KiB) Downloaded 2703 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Oct 2011

PricePuzzle,

We have reproduced the issue. The engineers are working on it at the moment. Logs are one of the reasons of the problem. Please use this registry file to disable logs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/Tradin ... Enable.reg

jl12

Postby jl12 » 19 Oct 2011

Dave please could you clarify how to disable the the logs with the registry file

geizer

Postby geizer » 19 Oct 2011

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\BugSlayer\MultiCharts\TradingServer]
"Trace\\Enable"="true"
Dave the registry file Enables the log. Should it be 'False' ?

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 20 Oct 2011

TradingServerTraceDisable.zip
(516 Bytes) Downloaded 287 times
Dave may in a hurry and put wrong link. Above is the file, i receive from Live Chat. There are 2 files, just click on the one with disable. After that you have to restart you comp to initiate the changes.

To solve this is easy, just put the automatic updating feathers same as Windows Update.

This can release the work load of support as well as live chat.
Last edited by PricePuzzle on 20 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Oct 2011

Dave may in a hurry and put wrong link. Above is the file, i receive from Live Chat. There are 2 files, just click on the one with disable. After that you have to restart you comp to initiate the changes.
Thank you, PricePuzzle. Indeed, there are two files: one disabling logs and the other enabling them back. I apologize for the confusion. It is not necessary to restart the computer after running one of these reg files, but you need to close MC and make sure that all its processes end in Task Manager before restarting.
To solve this is easy, just put the automatic updating feathers same as Windows Update.
Automatic update is a useful feature and I will definitely forward your suggestion to the developers. However, regarding disabling logs, it is not a hot fix. Disabling logs helps you to decrease CPU usage, but in this case we will have no information to investigate the issues if any. Logging is an important part of every complex software. So, disabling logs in this case was a temporary workaround that helped you to solve the problem.

High CPU usage is caused by the issue identified in TradingServer.exe allocation of ressources. It has already been fixed and this fix will be released in the next build of MultiCharts. Thank you for reporting the issue.

PricePuzzle

Thank you Dave. Really appreciate your positive feedback.

siscop

Postby siscop » 20 Oct 2011

I think it was a good idea to have the status of the 64 bit version pined up since many people (including me) are waiting for this version. This however should not be highjacked by an off topic issue.
It would be nice if you could pin up this or a similar Thread to the status of the 64 bit version.

PricePuzzle

I already edit #20. Hope this make Dave more comfortable to pin it back. I also have the high hope that 64 bit is improved and properly in place.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Oct 2011

Thanks for your valid comments siscop. You can watch two things - our Twitter and our Facebook. All important announcements will be made there as well as this forum.

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 04 Dec 2011

So, how much longer before we see 64 bit MC?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Dec 2011

We are currently working on MultiCharts 64bit.
Unfortunately there is no ETA at the moment.
Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our Traders’ Blog to get the latest updates.

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 07 Dec 2011

So, your previously stated end of the year ETA is withdrawn... This is quite disappointing.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 08 Dec 2011

We are really close to the original schedule so don't worry please. We did take all bug reports carefully so we had to postpone x64 release, but now it is almost done. We believe we will have limited beta testing in January.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 08 Dec 2011

Return to “MultiCharts”