Setup tries to reinstall

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
pipsqueek

Setup tries to reinstall

Postby pipsqueek » 28 Apr 2006

I have MC open and running, then the MC setup dialog just pops up is trying to install MC. why I don't know because its already set up and running. I try to cancel the setup but it keeps coming back.?????

pipsqueek

Setup tries to reinstall

Now I shut MC down completely, double clicked on MC icon to start it up. MC starts up but I get the setup dialog box as well and I keep cancelling the setup but it keeps coming back about 20 times, finally used task manager to shut the whole bloody thing down. I noticed days before that when I go to start MC the setup would come up and I would click OK, it woulld do the setup or whatever its doing and then MC would start up.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Apr 2006

If the original installation of MultiCharts worked properly (i.e. there were no other applications running in the background and no loose processes in the previous version were lingering), then it seems strange.

Were you, by chance, instaling MultiCharts when a previous version crashed and you did not reboot but went forward with updating? This might be an explanation, but I'd like to look at it.

I suggest you give us a call at 888-817-6385 Monday-Friday from 6:30am till 2:00pm ET. We'll use remote desktop connection to research and fix your issue.

Before that please go to http://tssupport.com/helpdesk, download the HelpDesk program, save it to your desktop and run it when we start the phone conversation. Double-click directly on the “Internet support” inscription.

pipsqueek

Setup tries to reinstall

Whenever I install MC I always backup workspace and databases, then delete old directories, reboot and reinstall MC. That is what I just did, we'll see if this glitch shows up again.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 01 May 2006

So, as I take it, after uninstalling the problem is now gone, right?
Please inform us if this issue re-apprears.

pipsqueek

Postby pipsqueek » 02 May 2006

Yes MC running normal, no unexpected setup dialog so far.

Return to “MultiCharts”