Discretionary Strategy Performance Report by O&P tracker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CrazyNasdaq

Discretionary Strategy Performance Report by O&P tracker

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 09 Nov 2011

I've a suggestion that would be very useful for each discretionary trader who uses Multicharts and in the same time would make Multicharts the unique and first platform which create a Discretionary Strategy performance report for his customer. It would be very very useful if in the Order and position tracker could be insert a way to obtain a complete statistic page which shows the performance, the results, the equity line, the draw down and all that can be useful to create a complete strategy performance report but not for an automated strategies, but for a single strategy of each discretionary trader.
Me as many others, use an excel spreadsheet to create this kind of information starting from collecting every single trade and then elaborating them to have a clear picture of what I'm doing, which are the powerful aspects and which the weakness of my methodology of trading. All this work starts from the same basic informations that we have in the order and position tracker (the trades), so it would be great if we could create a strategy control panel even for discretionary traders. This would be even a way to bring many new discretionary traders to use Multicharts and in the same time would be an interesting aspect from the broker side, to interface their platform and their services with multicharts. This would make Multicharts the first platform which gives the trader a complete picture of his single and unique trading methodology even if discretionary.

If you find my suggestion useful, add your vote for it in this PM issue
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-697

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Discretionary Strategy Performance Report by O&P tracker

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Nov 2011

Confirmed and scheduled for MultiCharts 7.3

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 11 Nov 2011

It would be important if we can save and store the log file with all our trades, to protect our work and save it if we upgrade to a new version of Multicharts or we made some errors and delete it with no reason. This way we can restore all our trades and save our work.
(I've add this in the PM section)

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 11 Nov 2011

Some of the analytics for discretionary traders could be in terms of what the markets did while they were in a position - did they tended to get out near the extremes or give back a lot of the trade? (I'm guessing this is a form of 'trade efficiency' but it might be worth delving into greater).

Return to “MultiCharts”