how data is stored

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

how data is stored

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2011

You can import data or merge it with the other data source.
Thank you. I'm still trying to understand how data is stored for symbols in the quote manager, if is by root symbol or by a specific contract month's symbol, also how the "Merge Data Sources into a Single Chart" setting is used in the charts.

It would be nice to have a tutorial that showed how to do all this step by step, for example if you wanted to merge 2 years of ES minute bar history with ESZ1, or if I wanted to save and merge ESZ1 data to use with future ESH2 data, to build our own history going forward?

Does it require exporting ascii data from the current contract and importing to each new contract symbol every 3 months when contracts roll? Is there a way to prevent specky data in the current contract's history from overwriting better history data from previous contract months?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multi Charts with ZenFire and demo account?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2011

The data in the quote manager is stored by symbol name, not by symbol root.
A real-time data source and a historical data source can be merged into a single chart.
Real-time data will be plotted only from the moment you have created a chart.
I mean that it is not possible to set a certain rollover point at which historical data will stop and realtime data will start.
Merging procedure is described in MultiCharts help file:
Multicharts->Creating charts-> Creating Chart Using Format Symbol Window-> Merging Data Sources into a Single Chart.
If you would like to combine monthly symbols into one symbol-you need to create a custom futures (instead of exporting-importing ASCII).
There is a step-by-step guide in the attachment.
There is also a new guide how to create a custom futures from ASCII in the attached zip.
Attachments
Custom Futures.zip
(503.79 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

Re: Multi Charts with ZenFire and demo account?

Postby Guest » 19 Oct 2011

Henry,

Thank you. That answers it very well.

Return to “MultiCharts”