How do i add an audio alert to an indicator?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
traderwep

How do i add an audio alert to an indicator?

Postby traderwep » 02 May 2006

i dont know what code to add to an indicator in multicharts to get an audio alert when a coded event happens. the event shows as a color change on my chart but i need audio as well. please advise. thanks wayne

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 02 May 2006

In the study code you need to write, where necessary:

alert( "your message" );

When creating a chart with your study go to Format Study ->Alerts tab, enable alerts and check Audio.

traderwep

cant find format study alert tab

In the study code you need to write, where necessary:

alert( "your message" );

When creating a chart with your study go to Format Study ->Alerts tab, enable alerts and check Audio.

i added the alert language to the code and it compiled correctly so i think i did that right. i cannot find any format study alert tab. i go to format study but there is no alert tab.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 02 May 2006

Dear traderwep,

I suppose your version of MultiCharts is outdated, you have to download and install the most recent version which includes alerts option. Here is the link:

http://tssupport.com/products/multichar ... charts.exe

traderwep

multicharts says it checks for new version on each startup.

i am downloading the new version now. every time i start multicharts it says it is checking for a new version so i thought i always have the latest version.

if that is not so, what is multicharts checking for when it says it is checking for new version and finds nothing?

wayne

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 03 May 2006

The installed version checks for updates to make sure it's the latest one, the most current release. If it checks the version number and finds no newer versions available, it just proceeds with starting.
This is a very common practice with software products that are frequently updated.
Please note that we do not always offer the very latest version since it requires testing before it can be released, this is why you had no alerts enabled in your version, but you were not prompted to download a later one.

Return to “MultiCharts”