Problems when running MC offline

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jl12

Problems when running MC offline

Postby jl12 » 28 Nov 2011

From what I understand it should be possible to run MC offline on a second pc for testing

However when I start the offline MC my 1st live pc is set to not authorized requiring MC to be exited and restarted

The second offline MC also keeps crashing when I try to run any optimisations.

Katrin Yanenko

Re: Problems when running MC offline

Postby Katrin Yanenko » 28 Nov 2011

Hi,

Yes that is possible, but you need to disable the Internet connection on the PC2 that will be in offline mode.
You need to login to MC on PC2 first, then switch to offline mode, disable Internet, login to MC on PC1 in online mode.
You can install MultiCharts on two PCs, but you can run one MultiCharts license in online mode only on one computer at a time.
What do you mean by crashing? Please describe the bevavior in details.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 28 Nov 2011

I have contacted the helpdesk about mc crashing and power editor locking

When mc is in offline mode it doesn't update, so I am not sure of value in forcing the pc to be offline as well.

Katrin Yanenko

Postby Katrin Yanenko » 29 Nov 2011

I meant that if there is MC in offline mode on one PC and the internet connection is on then you won't be able to use MC on the other machine. You can have MultiCharts running when there is internet connection only on one machine.
The issue that you demonstrated yesterday is in the process of investigation. We'll give you the feedback regarding the crash that you had as soon as there any results.

Return to “MultiCharts”