How to do....  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wychy

How to do....  [SOLVED]

Postby wychy » 29 Jan 2012

Hello all, stuck on what to me seems like basics but manual is no help.

1. Can I display P&L on Real Time scanner. I have a list of stocks that I trade. I want to display P&L, Ticker, Last Price, and certain indicator values...can be this be done?

2. I have 15min Candle chart with a 5min candle chart set as a smaller subchart underneath. I 'shrink' the chart and have the 15Candle chart as the larger viewable chart. I only expand the chart if the 15 looks interesting so i can see what the 5min is doing. The problem, the 15min candle body is too thin. Have tried to 'fatten' the body so the space between the candle bodies is minimal so that when the chart is 'shrunk' the 15 candle can be seen with ease.

Tried FormatInstrument>style> increase width for Up and Dwn Candle but no luck. Can only fatten the Candle outline and not the main Up/Dwn Body. Can this be done?

3. Can P&L be shown on the chart?

4. How do i set Volume Histogram to show traditional Red/Green format for Up and Dwn days?

5. Is there anyway to view all charts if some have been minimized? View all type thing?

6. Anyway to snap layouts together? Want to be able to view sets of 3x12charts alternately instead having to click on each individual chart to view it.

Tnx in advance for any help.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to do....

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Feb 2012

Hello Wychy,

1) In order to display P&L you need to be connected to the broker.
Currently that is not possible in Real Time Market Scanner.
2) This issue will be fixed in one of the next versions of MultiCharts.
The user will be able to 'fatten' the body.
3) P&L can be shown on the chart.
You need to setup the symbol mapping and open the manual trading panel by clicking on the button in the top right corner of the chart.
4) You can use Volume Dn and Volume Up indicators. To modify the plot style go to the Format tab-> Study->Format->Style.
5) If you have ten or more charts in one workspace you can go to Window tab->All attached windows->Restore.
6) Unfortunately there is no such feature at the moment. You can use multiple workspaces or instances of MultiCharts to arrange your windows the way you need.

Return to “MultiCharts”