Price percent change charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Price percent change charts?

Postby tozwp » 30 Jan 2012

Is it possible to creat a chart with several indices showing the price percent change for each from a given starting point. I currently use Stockcharts to show a 1 min chart of several indices from today's open that shows the percent change for each index on the y-axis. TS could do this also but I haven't figured out how to do it in Multicharts yet. Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Price percent change charts?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jan 2012

Hello Tozwp,

Have you checked the prebuilt indicators %Increase, %Decrease, %Chng ?
To add them you need to go to Format tab->Study->Add->Indicator.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 30 Jan 2012

Not quite what I'm looking for. What I need is a chart that begins at set time (at the open or n days back) and then shows price in terms of percentage change from that start time. All instruments would start at 0% on the left side of the chart at the chart start time. Its called a Price Performance chart in Stockcharts. The way I use this is to look at a 1 min chart of several indices during the day to see which are relatively over/under performing. If I remember correctly, within TS this type of chart would have been set up under Format Instrument, Scaling.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 30 Jan 2012

Not quite what I'm looking for. What I need is a chart that begins at set time (at the open or n days back) and then shows price in terms of percentage change from that start time. All instruments would start at 0% on the left side of the chart at the chart start time. Its called a Price Performance chart in Stockcharts. The way I use this is to look at a 1 min chart of several indices during the day to see which are relatively over/under performing. If I remember correctly, within TS this type of chart would have been set up under Format Instrument, Scaling.
Yes, that is a great feature of TS, it would allow you to plot a dozen instruments and instantly see the relative strength of each...good for identifying hot sectors etc..(no studies required)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2012

In order to evaluate if this functionality is possible in MultiCharts please describe it in details.
Where exactly can we find it in TS? How does it called?
Please attach a couple of screenshots demonstrating this feature.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 31 Jan 2012

In order to evaluate if this functionality is possible in MultiCharts please describe it in details.
Where exactly can we find it in TS? How does it called?
Please attach a couple of screenshots demonstrating this feature.
Scroll down this link to 'Percent Change Charts' and see TS's description. This video shows what it is and how to generate it within TS.

http://www.TS.com/education/u ... t-analysis

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2012

Unfortunately there is no such feature in MultCharts at the moment.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 31 Jan 2012

Unfortunately there is no such feature in MultCharts at the moment.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Tried to access the Project Management area but couldn't get in. I'd like to add this Percent Chang Chart to the requested features list if possible.

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 16 Jul 2013

Is this feature already implemented?
It is a must have for any charting software.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2013

This feature has not been implemented yet. Feel free to vote for the corresponding feature request in the Project Management of our web site.

wacketywidge

Postby wacketywidge » 02 Apr 2020

Why is there such a resistance from Multicharts for adding this feature? This is an old thread and as yet it has not been added to Multicharts as far as I know. It has been in TS for a long time. It i a very useful tool.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 03 Apr 2020

Hmm, is it perhaps possible to make a price-based chart with the custom resolutions feature?

I don't understand that feature very well, but if there is some feature in MultiCharts to make this possible, then it's likely to be the custom resolutions. Else we have to wait until this is implemented officially in the software.

Return to “MultiCharts”