Midpoint of Donchian Channel  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
solo

Midpoint of Donchian Channel

Postby solo » 31 Jan 2012

I saw in another post how to create a Donchian Channel by using 1 period MAs of the highest and lowest closes for a certain lookback. Is there any way to also plot the midpoint line for the "Donchian Channel" created by these MAs? If not would it be possible to add a Donchian Channel indicator with midline option in the future?

JoshM

Re: Midpoint of Donchian Channel

Postby JoshM » 01 Feb 2012

I saw in another post how to create a Donchian Channel by using 1 period MAs of the highest and lowest closes for a certain lookback. Is there any way to also plot the midpoint line for the "Donchian Channel" created by these MAs? If not would it be possible to add a Donchian Channel indicator with midline option in the future?
Try this, which would give you the yellow line:

Edit: Well, the Donchian Channel is the highest high and lowest low for a given period (and not the close as displayed in the image), but the principle is the same. :)
Attachments
scr.429.png
(15.78 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

solo

Re: Midpoint of Donchian Channel  [SOLVED]

Postby solo » 01 Feb 2012

That's exactly what I was looking for, many thanks!
Try this, which would give you the yellow line:

Edit: Well, the Donchian Channel is the highest high and lowest low for a given period (and not the close as displayed in the image), but the principle is the same. :)

Return to “MultiCharts”