Data gaps & multiple same days- yet session settings same

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kajkanjan

Data gaps & multiple same days- yet session settings same

Postby kajkanjan » 16 Feb 2012

Hi All,

I am at wits end with displaying multiple instruments in a chart.

Basically I have data that I am feeding in from eSignal and data that I feed in From ASCII files that I create.
I have tried every combination that I can think of and yet I cannot get prices to match up day for day (date for date). I always get multiple day spaces of the same date with a bar from each chart showing on a separate day space . . . so I get gaps in each chart with multiple same dates.
This throws out indicators and makes them look jaggered.

I have given screen shots attatched.

To give a specific example I am working with DJ #F in eSignal (Dow Jones Industrial Average continuous futures contract) and my own COT Data ASCII file import.
Currently I have set both to have an exchange of ECBOT (though, I have mixed and matched many combinations, including GLOBEX to UNDEF)

(SEE ATTACHED PIC)
If I plot both on a chart, with everything default, I get the top chart.
As you can see, there is a double of each day with the upper chart occupying one set of spaces and the lower chart occupying the alternate spaces.

If though I change the settings for the bottom COT ASCII chart to have the Sessions as CME: Commodity Futures (GLOBEX) i get what you see in the bottom chart.
As you can see (and this is what really baffles me) is the chart half works!? The very first bar is spaced out, then bars are ok, then they go back to having double day spaces!?

I am happy to provide any more details, and even a sample of the ASCII file that I am plotting . . .

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?
Why is it the data is mapped the same, date, open, high, low, close etc. all settings and exchange details are kept identicle, yet when i plot two instruments which should just overlay exactly . . . . they do not. There is an offset!???

Thanks
KJ
Attachments
Default DJ COT.PNG
Screenshots of charts
(89.2 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

kajkanjan

Re: Data gaps & multiple same days- yet session settings sam

A copy of the COT ASCII data file that I use to create a symbol in QuoteManager.

(Couldn't attatch .csv so converted it to text)
Attachments
DA-DJIA-NetRprt.txt
Text (csv) ASCII data file
(193.79 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Feb 2012

instead of ascii mapping,
it might be easier to create a dummy symbol, then import the ASCII files into the symbol.

kajkanjan

Will try that.

But just a note, even if i do the exact same thing with say DJ #F and GC #F (DJIA and Gold futures) both esignal feeds, both set to identical settings and session details . . . i get the same issue. See attachement.
Each 'space' you see is actually another day that you can scroll over.
Attachments
DJ and GOLD.PNG
Issue 2
(47.18 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Feb 2012

Hello Kajkanjan,

Your data series have different bar closing time.
ASCII file closing time is 16:00.
You need to set the same closing time in Quote manager->Edit symbol->Sessions tab, or apply a session template to the chart that will define the same closing time as in the ASCII file.
Then you need to reload the chart using Ctrl+R.

kajkanjan

Postby kajkanjan » 21 Feb 2012

Thanks!

Yes, after making sure I had everything from time to dates to exchanges and session settings identical it all lined up ok.

Return to “MultiCharts”