Significant increase in Cpu usage after upgrade

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JMH

Significant increase in Cpu usage after upgrade

Postby JMH » 25 Jan 2021

Alrighty, here we go.... I've been using MC since 2006-07, gone through countless upgrades.
However, the latest upgrade from 12.0-14.0 has proved a challenge. Before the upgrade my Cpu
usage was minimal, after the upgrade to 14.0 it has increased by 5x. I find it very strange that evening
hours in the U.S. markets are pulling my percentages to upper 30's and even upper 40's; this is bizarre!
Prior to my upgrade (even if there was an event overnight) my usage barley eclipsed 10 or 15 percent.
Seems to me we have a leak or draw somewhere, (after the upgrade something was enabled somewhere in
the software to cause this) so the developers or engineers need to come clean on this. This is affecting
my real time trading (manual) No auto trading for this guy,...there is a lag moving around multiple desktops &
monitors where there was not in 12.0,... simply unacceptable! Pc configuration is as follows:
So,.. let's not venture into the end users pc config... Don't go there!!
Obsidian 500D
Asus-Rog Strix Z390
Intel I-9 9900K
Corsair H150I pro liquid cooler
64GB Gskill Ripjaws Ram 3200
Samsung 1 TB 970 EVO nvme M.2
Gigabyte RTX2060 Super
Corsair 1000x PS
4- Dell Ultra sharp Monitors
Win 10 64 bit
What say you.............

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Significant increase in Cpu usage after upgrade

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 28 Jan 2021

Hello JMH,

Please make sure that all the antivirus software is disabled as it may increase CPU usage.

If the issue can be reproduced after you’ve disabled antivirus, please reproduce it using a minimal amount of charts and signals and send us the following files:
1. Your workspace.
2. Detailed instructions on how to reproduce this issue on our end.
3. A screenshot of the Task Manager demonstrating the CPU usage for MultiCharts processes.
4. Logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Alternatively, you could come to the live chat Monday-Friday from 5:30 AM till 1:00 PM ET so that we could connect to your computer remotely and help you.

JMH

Re: Significant increase in Cpu usage after upgrade

Postby JMH » 28 Jan 2021

Please,.... I don't use anti virus software; all that is running on my pc is Multicharts, connected to a
single broker...Please reread the post regarding hardware config & detailed explanation....
Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”