"Master Strategy" execution not always the same

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
atata

"Master Strategy" execution not always the same

Postby atata » 10 May 2011

MC DOM - "Strategy Parameters" "Master Strategy"
I've started to experiment with "Strategy Parameters" "Master Strategy".
Overall I believe MC has the right idea regards to the easiness of setting up an automated strategy however I am not getting all the time what I am expecting.

I've set up a very basic strategy to buy 3 contracts and sell 1 at let say for the example at 8 pips/ticks gain than the 2nd position at 15 pips/ticks gain and than the 3rd target is 100 pips/ticks. Sometimes the strategy will execute properly and the orders are at IB and the DOM as expected however sometime the profit target is only 1 sell order for 3 contracts rather than as desired above. Stop seemed to be ok.

It seems this most likely would happen when the fill does not happen "in the same time" for the 3 contracts.

atata

Stanley Miller

Re: "Master Strategy" execution not always the same

Postby Stanley Miller » 12 May 2011

atata, this seems to be important issue. However we need a lot of details in order to reproduce the issue on our end. If possible please make a video of the issue (or set of screenshots) and post it here or send to support@multicharts.com.

Postby Guest » 12 May 2011

well, this is going to be tuff for 2 reasons. I am "trading for a living" therefore limited time and on the machine I am trading on do not have any software I could record with and I don't intend to install one either. Hope you understand.

Basically trade the cl on an IB paper account after hours and you shall be able to reproduce it as well.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 13 May 2011

atata, unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this on our end and your description is not enough to consider this as a bug. Please make at least a couple of screenshots next time you'll see this behavior.

Return to “MultiCharts”