How to create new charts and load strategies automatically?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
skirmante

How to create new charts and load strategies automatically?

Postby skirmante » 04 Oct 2012

Is it possible to use some kind of script/tool or something, that would let me create new charts and load strategies with custom parameters from file or command line? TS has something like that but also not perfect. You can create new chart and load strategy on it from command line, but can't customize strategy parameters. I'm looking for fast way to load lots of strategies without having manually set parameters, sessions, bar sizes etc.
For now i found only how to change chart's symbol from command line, or create new chart from scanner, but also manually.

Thanks for your help.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to create new charts and load strategies automatical

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Oct 2012

Hello Skirmante,

There is no functionality that will allow you to create a new chart or load strategies from file or command line. But there are multipe features that can help to do that pretty fast in MultiCharts:Keyboard_Shortcuts, Study_Templates, Creating Charts Using the Command Line Toolbar, Changing Chart Resolution Using Command Line.

You can also create a workspace and configure charts the way you need it. Then you can save it and open this workspace file from MC .Net code.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Oct 2014

You can also create a workspace and configure charts the way you need it. Then you can save it and open this workspace file from MC .Net code.
I came across this old thread by googling, and this underlined sentence is new for me. Do you might have an example Henry? In the chm help file the only reference to the word 'workspace' is a property from the order class.

(I know that C# can start processes, but wasn't wondering about running a new instance of MultiCharts .NET but about opening a workspace file in MC .NET).

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 08 Oct 2014

Hi Josh,

List the steps and I'll try to throw an "auto-it" example script together...
Walt

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Oct 2014

Thanks for the offer. I use AutoHotKey, and it can probably also be done with that tool.

But I asked because I wanted to learn how to open workspaces from MC .NET code, which suggest to me there is some kind of direct way (otherwise one would call the AutoIt or AutoHotKey script from MC .NET code, which then opens the workspace).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2014

I came across this old thread by googling, and this underlined sentence is new for me. Do you might have an example Henry? In the chm help file the only reference to the word 'workspace' is a property from the order class.

(I know that C# can start processes, but wasn't wondering about running a new instance of MultiCharts .NET but about opening a workspace file in MC .NET).
JoshM, unfortunately there is no such built-in functionality/code. I believe I was referring to general C# ability to develop it.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 09 Oct 2014

Thanks for the offer. I use AutoHotKey, and it can probably also be done with that tool.

But I asked because I wanted to learn how to open workspaces from MC .NET code, which suggest to me there is some kind of direct way (otherwise one would call the AutoIt or AutoHotKey script from MC .NET code, which then opens the workspace).
Josh - I am curious as how will such a functionality to open a workspace from code will help your trading operation. Can you please enlighten me as to what would be the benefit of having such a functionality? Thanks.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 10 Oct 2014

Josh - I am curious as how will such a functionality to open a workspace from code will help your trading operation. Can you please enlighten me as to what would be the benefit of having such a functionality? Thanks.
I asked because of curiosity and a desire to learn that feature; I don't see a need or importance for it currently.

It's somewhat like the `ChartCommands.CommandLine()` method. With that, we can programmatically reload a chart or insert indicators, but these things can also be done fine manually, of course.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 10 Oct 2014

I asked because of curiosity and a desire to learn that feature; I don't see a need or importance for it currently.

It's somewhat like the `ChartCommands.CommandLine()` method. With that, we can programmatically reload a chart or insert indicators, but these things can also be done fine manually, of course.
Thanks for clarifying Josh! I respect intellectual curiosity! I just thought maybe you see a great deal of value from such a feature. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”