RINA XML  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Zoli

RINA XML

Postby Zoli » 18 Oct 2012

Hi,

I do not have Microsoft Office, I read it is needed to save/create the performance report and then open it in any other excel reader. Out of curiosity I saved it in XML.
I realize it might sound like a silly question, but how does one actually use the XML RINA generated performance report?

Thanks,
Zoli

Henry MultiСharts

Re: RINA XML

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2012

Hello Zoli,

XML file is just to store the data. I have found some brief good info about XML at this page.

Do you want to view the xml report in a spreadsheet format like excel file or just fetch some exact information from it ?

Zoli

Re: RINA XML

Postby Zoli » 19 Oct 2012

Hi Henry,

Thank you, I will read more into it.
Actually all I wanted to do is to save the reports periodically.
I will go a bit off topic but I want to share my experience as I am sure some might find it useful in case they want to switch to the new OS.
I have Windows 8 64 bit installed and MS Office 2003 I have is not compatible with it (it is with Windows 7 64 bit though), so I installed OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org/) which is running fine and it's free. The problem is MC needs MS Office to generate the excel file, so the only option was for me to save it as an XML file. For some reason the newest Internet Explorer browser of Windows 8 managed to use almost 7 GB of RAM while trying to open the XML generated by MC (nearly 32 MB). I had to close it down as it would have crashed the system since I have pagefile disabled. This is where my curiosity about how to read XML came from, later I managed to open it with Visual Studio 2010 using up 1.2 GB of RAM but didn't know what to do with it.
I have downloaded Microsoft's new Office360 trial for Windows 8 and after an update I managed to finally have MC save the excel file.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: RINA XML  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2012

XML reports can be opened in Portfolio Evaluator by RINA Systems.
Attachments
portfolioEvaluator.PNG
(33.46 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”