Weird fill orders through IB simulated account  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Weird fill orders through IB simulated account

Postby MidKnight » 12 Nov 2012

Hi there,

Please take a look at the attached screenshots of my multicharts historical fills and the IB TWS trade log. Note there some fills shown that are way outside the bounds of what the book was showing. Also note how the price is shown in the IB TWS log for the fills that are in error. This has been consistently happening since I have been looking at HSI for a week. Every time there is a weird fill like this, it shows up exactly like this in the IB TWS trade log.

This is scaring me, to be honest. I have no confidence to trade via the MC order entry facilities in my live account.

Please look into this, pretty serious.

With kind regards,
MK
Attachments
HSI_hist_orders_IB_log.png
(31.99 KiB) Downloaded 1183 times
HSI_hist_orders.png
(19.98 KiB) Downloaded 1176 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Weird fill orders through IB simulated account  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Nov 2012

Hello MidKnight,

The broker is in charge of order fill price. Please contact your broker with order IDs to clarify why the orders were filled with this price.

MidKnight

Re: Weird fill orders through IB simulated account

Postby MidKnight » 12 Nov 2012

OK Henry....as said this was with IBs simulated accounts so I doubt they will care too much about looking into it - but thanks for the information about how fills are done. I had thought it might be MC sending the price that it wants the fill to be made on. Thanks again.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 13 Nov 2012

Hi guys,

Please don't take this as an offence, it is by far my intention, just want you to have a big laugh instead:
Note there some fills shown that are way outside the bounds of what the book was showing
The broker is in charge of order fill price. Please contact your broker with order IDs to clarify why the orders were filled with this price.
I had thought it might be MC sending the price that it wants the fill to be made on.
If all that would be actually true then you have the "holy grail" with MC and IB setup. Buy and sell at prices you want and not giving too much about what's in the book. :D
Now, I don't suppose MC is "that good" :D so I suppose it's something on IB's side.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 13 Nov 2012

:) No offense taken.

Not really what I meant. As you can see it is buy/sell prices being filled at WORSE prices than the market is offering and not the other way around. All these are from market orders, but since HKFE only accepts limit orders natively I was just trying to cover all the bases on where the problem may lie so I can gain confidence that MC.net is performing as I expect it to. Because I am new to MC.net, it needs to gain my trust before using it with real accounts.

With kind regards,
MK

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 13 Nov 2012

While we are on the subject of broker orders and what MC.net does - why do my broker fills sometimes mismatch what is shown on the DOM or in chart trader? They are consistently different. ie. buy limit at 20120 will fill on the broker as such but show in MC.net as a position opened from 20121. However, the historical orders will show it was filled at 20120.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 14 Nov 2012

While we are on the subject of broker orders and what MC.net does - why do my broker fills sometimes mismatch what is shown on the DOM or in chart trader? They are consistently different. ie. buy limit at 20120 will fill on the broker as such but show in MC.net as a position opened from 20121. However, the historical orders will show it was filled at 20120
Hi MK,

That is because when you use MC with IB the commission gets added to the trade. Not sure if I explained properly, will give an example instead.
IB had minimum commission of 1 dollar when I traded with them.
I suppose you were placing an order size equivalent to 1 dollar/tick. If you buy at 20120 and add the minimum commission of 1 tick(dollar) you will notice your trade opened at 20121.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”