Indicator or a strategy .NET tutorial

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
TopGuy

Indicator or a strategy .NET tutorial

Postby TopGuy » 21 Nov 2012

I didn't find any material such as blog post or useful documentation on how to start, the only available documentation is the CHM file. Even the CHM file is poorly written and describes the API usage from the developers perspective not from the client one and doesn't contain any sample code of how to use the described API. There is the video, but it doesn't talk about the APIs.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate. The provided API methods and classes do not have any intellisense comment or parameters comment.

Could you point me to any MC.NET API tutorial?

Dave Masalov

Re: Indicator or a strategy .NET tutorial

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Nov 2012

TopGuy,

At the moment there is only the CHM file describing .NET methods and classes and MC Wiki which describes the rest of MultiCharts functionality: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/

Default indicators, signals and functions can be used as examples of the code.

TopGuy

Postby TopGuy » 21 Nov 2012

What about intellisense comments? (when you hover over a method)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Nov 2012

What about intellisense comments? (when you hover over a method)
We are currently analyzing how to implement if from a technical point of view.

JohnTaylorHK

Postby JohnTaylorHK » 21 Nov 2012

Would it be possible to put the section from the .chm file into the sub-window at the bottom of the editor screen when F1 key is pressed? That way you can leverage off the existing doco. Alternatively/additionally tooltips would be very helful here. I get a sort of tooltip if I backspace over the leading function bracket, and this should be achievable by hovering rather than risking altering the code.

Best

John

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Nov 2012

Would it be possible to put the section from the .chm file into the sub-window at the bottom of the editor screen when F1 key is pressed? That way you can leverage off the existing doco. Alternatively/additionally tooltips would be very helful here. I get a sort of tooltip if I backspace over the leading function bracket, and this should be achievable by hovering rather than risking altering the code.

Best

John
Hello John,

Could you be more precise? Help section is in the sub-window by default. Please make sure that you have the Help Bar check box checked in the View menu. See attached screenshot.
Attachments
help.png
(60 KiB) Downloaded 1390 times

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”