MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Postby admin » 04 Mar 2013

MultiCharts .NET 8.5 Release Candidate is final version before our major upgrade that features all-new Volume Delta and Cumulative Delta chart types, Volume Profile built from the ground up, TimePriceOpportunity built-in indicator, all-new partner offer from DTN IQFeed for free 30 days of real-time futures, index and FX data, new data feed and broker connections from AvaTrade (formerly AvaFX) and WeBank, and increased overall stability and performance. New flexible commission rules allow setting virtually any commission structure for accurate backtesting. Order and Position tracker has two new tabs – “Alerts” and “Market Position History at Broker”.

Learn more...

Emmanuel

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Postby Emmanuel » 04 Mar 2013

Hi

I tried the new Multicharts 8.5 Release Candidate, and the challenge is still there

I can see that we compile with .NET Framework 4.0, but as you can see with the attached file,

we can not still "Enable to evaluate the expression" on breakpoint.

As we tried with , Henry, earlier , we have the same problem, with VS 2010 as with VS 2012.

Emmanuel
Attachments
Capture4.JPG
(73.24 KiB) Downloaded 1634 times

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 04 Mar 2013

Hi

If open the navigator window (menu : view , Navigator)

The window "Studies" appear, but out of the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor"

As soon as you click on the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor", the window "Studies"
disappear behind the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor" and you can not work with it.

if you closed the window "Studies" with the little cross at the top of the windows, and call it back (view , Navigator), you get an error message. (see attached file)

you can not call it back because of this error.

Something have to be done here.

Emmanuel
Attachments
Capture5.JPG
(43.37 KiB) Downloaded 1628 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Mar 2013

Hi

If open the navigator window (menu : view , Navigator)

The window "Studies" appear, but out of the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor"

As soon as you click on the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor", the window "Studies"
disappear behind the windows "Powerlanguage .NET Editor" and you can not work with it.

if you closed the window "Studies" with the little cross at the top of the windows, and call it back (view , Navigator), you get an error message. (see attached file)

you can not call it back because of this error.

Something have to be done here.

Emmanuel
Hello Emmanuel,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 05 Mar 2013

Hello Dave

Thank you for your quick answer, we was able to find the solution with your answer :

You can see the strange behavior of the Powereditor with all it windows out of the editor
(see the attached file (capture6.jpg))

When I reinstalled the first time MC 8.5 RC, I didn't check the box, "remove MC 64 user data from computer" (see attached file capture7.jpg).

I had the last beta version, of MC 8.5 installed on my computer.

This time, I did checked the box, "remove MC 64 user data from computer", and everything is working normally.

I double checked on a second computer, and it work fine.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER and for the quality of your work !!!!

You made a giant step again because we are able to work with .NET Framework 4.0 !!!!
which mean that we are able to work in Multi threading easely !!!!

Here MC .NET , is able to work X times faster, depending on the number of thread available with the CPU !!! This is a giant step !

Congratulation to your team !!!!!!!! This is awesome !!!

Emmanuel
Attachments
Capture7.JPG
(36.66 KiB) Downloaded 1621 times
Capture6.JPG
(143.18 KiB) Downloaded 1623 times

Emmanuel

Hi

On MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 RC, we don't have VB examples in the installation,

We have the examples of the discussion forum,

1/ It would be nice to have them in MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 installation, we would avoid to reinstall them each time manually.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Hi

When I start MC 8.5 RC, if I want to use locally store data (see attached file capture8.jpg)

I get an error each time , (see attached file capture9.jpg) :

"Impossible to switch Data Server Mode, close all charts, scanner, quotemanager", but all windows are already closed because I am starting MC 8.5 RC !

How do we do if we want to use locally store data as we start the MC ?

Emmanuel
Attachments
Capture9.JPG
(30.02 KiB) Downloaded 1618 times
Capture8.JPG
(20.24 KiB) Downloaded 1622 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2013

Hi

I tried the new Multicharts 8.5 Release Candidate, and the challenge is still there

I can see that we compile with .NET Framework 4.0, but as you can see with the attached file,

we can not still "Enable to evaluate the expression" on breakpoint.

As we tried with , Henry, earlier , we have the same problem, with VS 2010 as with VS 2012.

Emmanuel
Hello Emmanuel,

As I wrote before - this issue is caused by Visual Studio 2010/2012. This has nothing to do with MultiCharts .Net.
Here is the bug report to Microsoft: Unable to evaluate the expression using Visual Basic .Net in VS 2010/12

Emmanuel

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your answer, I understand, this a problem with VS, I am trying to find a solution in between because otherwise we may have wait years before Microsoft fix this error.

And because as now MC 8.5 RC is in .NET Framework 4.0 , It will be more and more difficult to use .NET Framework 3.5 together.

The solution I found until now is :

- As I attached the process, debugging in mixed mode (both managed and native), but MC, we can attached process only Managed 4.0, I can not debug in Native.

- The other reason I found, that code of MC is optimized, It could be the reason that I am Enable to evaluate the expression" on breakpoint.

Emmanuel

(see http://www.windows-tech.info/4/ffbae43cdc611044.php)

Henry MultiСharts

Hi

On MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 RC, we don't have VB examples in the installation,

We have the examples of the discussion forum,

1/ It would be nice to have them in MULTICHARTS .NET 8.5 installation, we would avoid to reinstall them each time manually.

Emmanuel
Thank you for your suggestion. We will add VB code examples in the next version of MultiCharts.

Henry MultiСharts

Hi

When I start MC 8.5 RC, if I want to use locally store data (see attached file capture8.jpg)

I get an error each time , (see attached file capture9.jpg) :

"Impossible to switch Data Server Mode, close all charts, scanner, quotemanager", but all windows are already closed because I am starting MC 8.5 RC !

How do we do if we want to use locally store data as we start the MC ?

Emmanuel
Do you have service scanner in your MultiCharts window (View tab->Show scanner window)?
If yes then delete all symbols from this window and try to switch the Data Server mode again.

Emmanuel

Hi Henry

Thank you for your answer,

As soon as I open the scanner windows the first time, (View tab->Show scanner window)

I close and restart MC, and the error did show up anymore.

(I didn't had any symbol in it because it was the first time I saw it.)

:) :) :) Thank you very much !!!!!!! :) :) :)

Emmanuel

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”