Seasonality with multichart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
maisatomai

Seasonality with multichart

Postby maisatomai » 21 Mar 2013

1) If we load 24hrs data into quote manager, is there to ask multichart.net to display only data in a certain time period (for example from 14:00 to 21:00) every day.
2) Can we ask multichart.net to display figures for a certain month (Can we do it with powerlanguage)
3) We have Jan 2013, Jan 2012, Jan 2011,...., Jan 1988 daily data. Is it possible to manipulate the data using powerlanguage and then display the 25 charts in a same windows?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Seasonality with multichart

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Mar 2013

Hello maisatomai,

Are you referring to MultiCharts or MultiCharts .Net?
MultiCharts and MultiCharts .NET have the same functionality but are using different programming languages:
With MultiCharts you can create a study using EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage
With MultiCharts .Net you can create a study using C# or VisualBasic.Net
Studies from MC .Net cannot be used in regular MultiCharts and viсe versa.

1) You can create a custom session template to achieve this goal.
2) Please describe what you mean and what your final goal is.
3) What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you just want a study applied to a chart add dataseries/subcharts to your original chart?

maisatomai

Re: Seasonality with multichart

Postby maisatomai » 21 Mar 2013

I am using multichart.net

1) Answer noted. Thanks.
2) I trying to create something like a chart which many series. Series 1 stand for the daily return for year 2000, series 2 stand for the daily return for year 2001 and so on.
3) For example, my original data was $2000 for day 1, $2100 for day 2 and so on. I want to normalize all values so that the value for each=2100/2000+50*4 and later I will plot the value graph

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Seasonality with multichart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Mar 2013

That is possible to display certain values/figures for a certain month (calculated in the code).
You can manipulate with the data from the code to plot your own values on the chart, or base your calculation on this data in the code. If you need to combine different data sets into a single chart probably a solution for you will be importing all data into one ascii file, then import it into MultiCharts.
In case you have any exact difficulty - please provide sample data files and draw a diagram of what exactly you are trying to achieve.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”