FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Postby Stan Bokov » 05 Apr 2013

MultiCharts 8.5 Starter Edition is a FREE version of our award-winning trading platform. BEST currently available free trading software.

Starter Edition was designed for beginner traders to ease the burden of buying expensive software when you are just starting out. MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition offers all features of MultiCharts .NET, including LIVE trading capabilities (chart, DOM, drag-and-drop strategies and fully automated), best charting in the industry, advanced strategy development capabilities in C# and Visual Basic, integration with Visual Studio, high-precision tick-by-tick strategy and portfolio backtesting, extremely fast optimization and more – and you can trade up to two (2) symbols at a time.

We had another free product last year called MultiCharts Discretionary Trader, which was discontinued after a year of existence because we felt it wasn’t enough for traders. We underestimated the amount of custom analytics that people were using, and MCDT never took off because you couldn’t create anything custom. We did some more brainstorming and came up with a new way of serving small cap investors with a professional platform – MC .NET Starter Edition where you can create complex scripts in C# and Visual Basic (even using Visual Studio).

This platform is here to stay, forever. It’s completely free, so download away and start charting, analyzing, sharing and even trading. Give it to all your friends, colleagues, bosses and family, maybe even your dog or cat :) . Upload it to to any site, blog, Twitter and anywhere you like – spread the goodness around! The more people use MC .NET Starter Edition, the larger the community will be, and you can talk to more and more traders, and have more developers on hand.

Last note: MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition is FREE. Beware of any scams that try to charge for this software. If you paid someone for MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition, let us know immediately. Always download the latest version from our official website.

FutureTrader

Re: FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Postby FutureTrader » 05 Apr 2013

So what is the difference between MultiCharts .NET and MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition?
Could you post a diff?
Thanks.

seberbach

Re: MC .NET FAQ Enabling Widespread MC .net development

Postby seberbach » 05 Apr 2013

Having a lifetime MC license, (actually two of them), and still needing more flexibility I found that lack of documentation for the new language codes and tying up the trading software on main computer for development and testing a hindrance to testing buggy code while on a learning curve. Even having one of each MC version supporting the different languages is challenging when translating old Easy Language code to MC.net. There is lots of that around for jump-starting new projects, and it saves a LOT of time and effort to make good use of it. Why throw away years of work already done by thousands of people? That was a great start, and dot net opens the door to progress past the limitations of EL, but the new capabilities should not require starting every project entirely from scratch.

Besides the recent advantages of having multiple language support for .dlls, Visual Studio, and interactive-screen coding of graphic indicators, studies, and trading signals for back testing, and later live trading, I noticed that the MC dot net is now available in a "free limited edition" which runs INDEPENDENTLY from a main-license installation! YES!

Many thanks!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to having that independent version available in addition to my paid up versions as an additional "safe Instantiation" on a separate simple dedicated development machine (or VM snapshot series) which I am not afraid to crash or corrupt with my clumsiness while testing new ideas and new languages! The two real time online charts limitation is fine for this purpose. Also that's fine when working offline with "symbol" price files saved in a few text based (.csv) historical data files. That also solves complexities associated with real time and historical data vendor links and database caching. Brilliant, Multicharts people!

I believe this recent move (for marketing as well as developers) will result in a huge expansion of the MC market when more developers get their hands on this software to enable creating more support for Multicharts fully licensed customers. The cross fertilization potential is the key. The ability to run development tests and trading replays offline, while monitoring and trading online is very crucial for developers. This "sandbox" ability is very much needed yet is also sufficient for software debugging and testing so that later online it also works in online simulation without crashing a running installation with many valuable online charts. That must be done before putting the newly developed, but possibly still dangerous software on any running mission critical trading machine.

I also very much like the new idea of "language switching" license for the main MC full (unlimited) versions. I wish to soon learn more about that, as it would allow compiling cross-language studies and signal code to ensure compatibility between versions of studies and MC versions for studies and strategies under development..as well as future MC versions under development....:)

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Apr 2013

So what is the difference between MultiCharts .NET and MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition?
Could you post a diff?
From the picture from the blog article:

They seem to be exactly the same, except that with MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition you can only trade 2 symbols at the same time.

MultiCharts 8.5 Starter Edition is a FREE version of our award-winning trading platform. BEST currently available free trading software.
I wish you a lot of success with this new edition. MultiCharts (and MultiCharts .NET) was already the best trading software, and now there's even more reason to try/use it if people haven't done so yet.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 06 Apr 2013

Precisely, it's exactly the same except for the fact that you can use up to two symbols in the free version. It would do us a world of good if you can spread the word around as much as you can.

Azharr

Postby Azharr » 06 Apr 2013

Precisely, it's exactly the same except for the fact that you can use up to two symbols in the free version. It would do us a world of good if you can spread the word around as much as you can.
as an Elitetrader sponsor I have yet to see you guys doing announcement of this exciting product.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisp ... forumid=10

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2013

as an Elitetrader sponsor I have yet to see you guys doing announcement of this exciting product.
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisp ... forumid=10
We'll do one today or tomorrow.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC .NET FAQ Enabling Widespread MC .net development

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

I found that lack of documentation for the new language codes and tying up the trading software on main computer for development and testing a hindrance to testing buggy code while on a learning curve. Even having one of each MC version supporting the different languages is challenging when translating old Easy Language code to MC.net.
Hello seberbach,

At the moment we are working on the updated MultiCharts .NET guide that will contain important and useful information not only for beginners but for experienced MC .Net users as well. The guide should become available within a week.
The two real time online charts limitation is fine for this purpose.
In MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition you can have only 2 symbols in the database at the same time.
For these two symbols you can have as many charts as you like.

x777

Postby x777 » 09 Apr 2013

Very good news! Thank you!

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 09 Apr 2013

Hi
It is a great idea you have come up with .
I am enjoying the SE version very much.
It actually may be good for me to focus on two symbols only.

It has been helping so far.
thanks

shane

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 16 Apr 2013

Thanks a lot for this Stan,

My brother is studying like the dickens and are now onto the .NET Starter Edition. Because of this he is able to get started and get to know the platform. As a team our goal is to follow four to six markets so the full version will unavoidable be the next step.

Regarding a growing community I think the SE version was a very good idea. It can be beneficial for many of us. At the moment my impression is that the indicator or strategy coding is holding a number of people back. So in addition to the coding lessons available it would be great if MC could have one or two coding webinars on the basic principles of for example C# coding with MC.NET specifically. That would make it easier for beginners.

Laurentius

Carl71

Postby Carl71 » 17 Apr 2013

Hello

I requested a demo of MC to AMP futures
They still offer Multicharts DT
What happens when the trial period has expired?
What version of MC is working for AMP customers?

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 17 Apr 2013

you can use either DT or new SE with amp/ cqg
if you have regular version, it works also

when the trial expires , buy the multicharts or just use se or dt. the only thing dt cannot do is custom scripts through power language editor.
I like the way mc.net runs on dual core processor, very nice !

shane
Last edited by shanemcdonald on 18 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Apr 2013

Dear Users,

MultiCharts .NET Programming Guide has been released. Please see the following post: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15742

JohnTaylorHK

Postby JohnTaylorHK » 19 Apr 2013

Hi All,

There is a large number of projects which have the potential to be ported to the MultiCharts platform.

Hindrances to this development are mainly two-fold:
1. Lack of documentation
2. Lack of cost-effective tools for developers

The SE edition seems to address the latter point, and will certainly decrease time to market for our customers, without burdening them with the extra licensing cost. A skilled development company will always "find out the hard way" the implementation details necessary to drive a project to a successful conclusion, but I feel there still needs to be work done to the online documentation.

Lets hope MC can improve the remaining puzzle pieces required for us developers,

Best

John (CEO Financial Programming Services)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 Apr 2013

Hi All,

There is a large number of projects which have the potential to be ported to the MultiCharts platform.

Hindrances to this development are mainly two-fold:
1. Lack of documentation
2. Lack of cost-effective tools for developers

The SE edition seems to address the latter point, and will certainly decrease time to market for our customers, without burdening them with the extra licensing cost. A skilled development company will always "find out the hard way" the implementation details necessary to drive a project to a successful conclusion, but I feel there still needs to be work done to the online documentation.

Lets hope MC can improve the remaining puzzle pieces required for us developers,

Best

John (CEO Financial Programming Services)
Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you explain your suggetions in details? Have you seen the new .NET Programming Guide (link in the post above). Also, please tell us what are you referring to as cost-effective tools for developers.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”