Journal Tab

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Azharr

Journal Tab

Postby Azharr » 08 Apr 2013

I just open a project management issue regarding a journal tab (to help traders keeping record) - not sure if I did it correctly.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1305

alternatively if anyone who's care to share a trading journal that may integrate with MC.net (custom indicator/add-on C#) here would be great.

should I just use microsoft office?
Attachments
trades.png
NT journal tab
(60.05 KiB) Downloaded 790 times

FB2013

Re: Journal Tab - similar to NT

Postby FB2013 » 09 Apr 2013

For me a journal is a very personal thing, is the journal of this app able to be highly personalized ?
I think with the ability to read the position history via within an indicator all necessary interfaces are right at my hands. So everybody can program his own journal. Maybe even an pop up checklist to confirm that the individual setup is correct for discretionary trading.
As far as i know this should be able to be programmed within an custom indicator, this task will be the next step, after i programmed my setup criteria to be viewed within the realtime scanner.

Best Regards
Franz

Azharr

Postby Azharr » 09 Apr 2013

For me a journal is a very personal thing, is the journal of NT able to be highly personalized ?
I think with the ability to read the position history via within an indicator all necessary interfaces are right at my hands. So everybody can program his own journal. Maybe even an pop up checklist to confirm that the individual setup is correct for discretionary trading.
As far as i know this should be able to be programmed within an custom indicator, this task will be the next step, after i programmed my setup criteria to be viewed within the realtime scanner.

Best Regards
Franz
am currently using onenote...

could you please share with me any sample/checklist for day trading journal...

FB2013

Postby FB2013 » 10 Apr 2013

Indeed i will share my code with the community when it is ready, my target is two months. I will post every obstacle i encounter in this topic.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2013

You can also use built-in Trading performance report to keep track of your orders (View->Trading performance report).

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”